BMC part number help.

I’ve decided to put a little money in the DA to help it out this coming summer.

My question is I need to either get a part number or the vehicle that a one inch BMC comes out of that will match up with the stock lines of the DA.

Has anyone done this already and can save me from searching and all that hassle?

TIA
-Al

A master from any ABS model will work.

^ is that a one inch BMC or what size is that?

Yes it’s the 1"

Thanks

The 1" master cylinder from an ABS equipped DA will bolt onto the brake booster, but one of your brake lines will not connect to it properly. Your stock brake lines both use a 10mm fitting. The ABS MC uses a 10mm and a 12mm.

This can be easily remedied by using the 12mm fitting from an ABS equipped car and installing it on your lines. This has been talked about a lot in the ABS removal threads. :search:

I believe there might be another stock MC which does bolt on, I thought someone did it once, but I don’t remember off the top of my head the details. It was quite some time ago.

Also, please do not use slang terms (BMC) in thread titles. It’s a forum rule and is there to make searching more efficient. Plus, I’ve never even seen “BMC” used as an abbreviation before so I imagine it’s a bit confusing for some.