Wheel Offset

I am confused as to how this works. From what i understand a higher number means the outer edge sits further inside towards the car of the hub?

google is your friend :dance:

I am confused as to how this works. From what i understand a higher number means the outer edge sits further inside towards the car of the hub?

Yes you are correct. Most guys on here run a 40mm wheel offset so if you were to go a +45, the wheel will look more “tucked” inside the fender making it look kinda small and funny…

If you were to go +35, the wheel will be flushed with the fender but when you slam your DA, the tires might rub on the fender… hope this helps… :up:

My wheels are +49mm. :worry:

:up: yes it does help, thank you for your advice.

Cool little offset diagram.:up: I wonder if there’s one dealing with specific numbers.

so lets say im buying wheels that are 15x6.5 with +19 offset how would i get those to fit. would the wheels be stick in or will they stick out. sorry for stealing the thread.

what you fail to explain is that offset preferance differs with wheel width, saying +45 is too much is NOT true, if you are running a 7.5" wheel.

i run a 7" wide wheel with a +45 and with 3" drop and 0 camber it sits almost flush.

so camber, wheel width, and offset all tie in together.

If you want these to fit, you’ll need narrower tires, lots of negative camber, and some fender rolling.
15x6.5 will sit flush with about +35 offset and a moderate drop with no camber kits.

Don’t mean to steal the thread either, but what about wheels such as Rota J-Mags, what is the offset on these wheels? and other Rota’s?

Just curious!

offset calculator online

I’ve heard from some other forums that most are recommending a +38 to +42 mm offset. (stock for later years seems to be +45 depending)

If any one knows differently please correct me on this.

Here is a link ot an offset calculator you can use for free online

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

according to the site

"Use this calculator to determine the effect of changing your wheel width and offset. First enter your current wheel width and offset. Then enter your new wheel width and offset. Next click the calculate button. It will show the clearance between the inside of the wheel and the strut housing. It will also show how far the outside of the wheel edge will extend or retract. If you reduce the inner clearance too much or push the wheel out too far, the tire might rub or not fit at all. This calculator is for information purposes only and we do not guarantee fitment based on this calculator alone. "

This calculator is awesome.