omni power drag damper

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omni power drag damper

http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.a...For=&PT_ID=277
    is this kit too stiff for everyday driving and what is the comfort with these on a daily driver?

anyone???? is a spring rate of 18k in the rear too much for a daily driver

Comment

Haha are you kidding me? 18 kg/mm is 1008 lbs/in. Stock spring rates are in the 100s. "Stiff" aftermarket coilovers are around 500 lbs/in. There's no way in hell I would drive on the street with a rear rate of 18k.

Comment

Why do they say 18k if they mean 18kg/mm? Stupid manufacturers....

Comment

how about these ( the sport ones) are they stiff but with good ride quality according to spring rates
          http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.a...For=&PT_ID=277

Comment

?

Comment

I rode in a car with 16K front and 16K rear. IMo it wasn't that bad at all. I liked it. the only time it was harsh was when you go over big bumps. other then that it is more then bareble. Depends how much you can handle really...

Comment

Ride quality is very subjective, and not dependant only on spring rates. My ride on my Tein SS coilovers changes a lot with where I have the damping level set. The Omnis are not damping adjustable, so you get whatever they thought was good.

Comment

I have skunk2 coils right now. 10k in the front 8k in the rear. I wouldn't want any stiffer. Even if it was properly dampened rates like 16k are just plain uncomfortable. Riding in it once or twice is one thing, going on a 5+ hour drive over not-so-great highways is another.

Not to mention you would have to make sure the rest of your suspension was set up for this kind of rate. You have to have a very high front spring rate and maybe even a bigger front sway bar to compensate. The car would also likely be ungodly twitchy especially in the rain. I bet the ass would swing around as soon as you let off the gas.

Comment

Working...
                  X