Skunk2 Coilover with tokico blue...

First off, Merry XMAS to whoever is reading this, and all suddgestions will be carefully thoughtout…

heres the deal,

for my 93 integra, for xmas my gf got me the (brand new)Skunk2 coilover kit for 90 - 01 Integra. Right now, im riding on stock springs, and tok blues. The rims i have are rota slipstream 16inch, tires nitto neogen (205/50/r16) and the car rides nice not very bouncy. alot of people are telling me to get new shocks since im going to lower it, however, i just got them recently and the car is not slammed. i just want to remove the gap between the wheel. and im looking at about a 1.5 - 1.8(MAX) drop. (depending on how much i need to remove the gap between the wheel well, please let me know how much of a drop i would need)

my question is, whats your guys opinion on installing a camber kit?or ect, would i need anything else so i dont make any mistakes on lowering this car?(i am taking it to the shop to get it aligned after i get the springs installed)

once again, thanks for the help and Merry Xmas and a happy new year to all
please put or ask anything that i might of left out. thankz :clap:

(Pic of it right now)

Merry Christmas. You might blow those shocks out soon with a 1.5-1.8 inch drop, they are good stock replacement shocks, not such a good performance shock. Camber correction would probably be beneficial to tire life, but toe hurts tires more than camber, so with a proper alignment it might be OK.

would the tokico illuminas be a good shock replacement? because i dont really use my car for anything more than daily driving, and freeway driving. im just trying to keep it clean. im pretty patient when it comes to doing things the right way b/c i dont wanna end up spending money more later on… thanks for the tip… anyone else with different opinions? like any other replacement shocks? besides the illuminas? all opinions help… thanks …

Illuminas are good, if you want to go all out you could get Koni Yellows. Is that picture taken with the stock springs? your tires are a little large, but the car still looks lowered in that pic.

Yeah, to remove the gap shown in that pic, I don’t think you’re going to need a very big drop… I think Illuminas or AGX’s would be a good idea, but I would go without a camber kit for now. Once you do the drop, you should have a fairly good idea whether or not you need the camber kit or not. I don’t think you will though – maybe just a couple washers in the rear.

yea, that was taken with stock springs, the tires are kind of BIG, haha … but its koo tho … its really comfortable, those pics are wierd tho, hopefully i can borrow a digi cam from my uncle, then take new pics, well thanks for all the help… btw … does KYB make AGX shocks for my ride? … cause from my understanding, they dont… if they do and you see a site which does … plz let me know … thanks again for all the help …

ive just been reading online that skunk2 springs are like 500/500 … saying they are too stiff… i just spoke with someone from a performance shop called “$how$toppers…” and i asked him which were better… he told me that personally, skunk2 because they specialize in honda/acura parts… thats just what he quoted me, also he told me that they were pretty much the same as GC if he had to rate the coilovers … he said GC was even alittle bit more expensive … but in his op. he said they both work the same… :hmm:

what u guys think?

standard rates on the GCs are softer than Skunk2. not sure about other companies, but I know GC will do custom rates. if you want info on spring rates, go here: Spring Rates Listed Here - ClubSi.

as for the shocks: I have the Illuminas with GC-LEs and I’m not sure how much it’s dropped [never bothered to do a “before” measurement] but I have a little over 2 degrees negative camber. so probably around 2" or so? I really have no idea. it’s low enough that I want to raise it up a little so I can fit my floor jack underneath…I have been thinking of a camber kit. a little negative camber is a good thing if you like going around corners, and improper toe eats tires waaaay more than bad camber. oh, and the shocks are doing fine after around 6 months or so of being lowered. Tokico Illumina or Koni Yellow are good for lowering, but if you are just driving around town, Koni is more $ and not necessary.

also, someone mentioned the tires being tall. yes, they should be a 45 series, and it is possible that some of the bounciness you are feeling is from a taller sidewall. maybe not much, but as a wise man once said “all the little things add up to bouncy.”