Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much will wheel wieght affect performance?

Collapse
X

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,
    I was thinking about getting new rims, but I the ones I want are about 16lbs each. Will this affect performance? if so is it a noticable difference, or a negligable amount?
    I don't want the teg to feel more sluggish then it already is.
    Thanks guys!

When my buddie put his 17" volks on his 99 Prelude vtec, you couldn't really tell untill vtec kicked on, then It felt like a normal motor. It didn't kick in hard like it did before he installed the rims.

Comment

i have an RS , non vtec, Im sure 2 lbs heavier on each wheel might make a difference, I just hope not that much.

Comment

read this thread it might help u figure out what it will/won't do to change wheels

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109982

Comment

===================================

about this much:

I------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I

Comment

thats alot Schu.

Comment

depending on how much, but yeah alot......espceially if it is chrome.

Comment

I'd stick with 15-16" if you're serious about the performance of your car.

Comment

The best thing about having 15" wheels are the tire choices.

I'd love to run 225/45-15

Comment

it affects performance probably more than what most people think.

do a google on rotational mass/intertia.

it's possible to have lighter rims with a bigger diameter and still lose power to the wheels just because of the larger diameter wheel.

Comment

I think the drag racing crowd is more into this theory. I agree that lightweight is great and all, but it doesn't always have to be 15" or 16".

Comment

14" wheels at about 10lbs, it als matters where the weight on the wheel is....

Comment

Working...
                        X