ITR Rear Sway Bar

first off, to clear things up, YES, I did do a SEARCH

It seems that one other person already wanted to know how to install it, but the complete thread evolved to be an argument on tire size staggering.

Straight up, can you, or can you not use a ITR rear sway bar in a DA. If so, how?

Two hints:

BSQ

Beaks

what’s bsq?

oh yeah, i just looked at beaks, and there is nothing mentioned about a DA

i’m lost hahaha :run:

I didn’t use either of those shitass kits and I think mine came out pretty damn good. I’ll post up some pics tommorrow when I have the beast in the air for an oil change…

Also sounds like you found my thread I posted nearly a year ago about this…

were havin a BSQ??? oh im there, ill bring the burgers!!!oh, wait…nevermind :frowning:

ttt, been out of town, haven’t checked up on this

I just did a 5min search and came up with a site that explains what the Beaks and BSQ kits do. Another seach and you’ll learn what the differences are between DA and DC chassis. Add all that information together and you’ll know what needs to be done to install the ITR bar.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80832&page=2&pp=20

should have kept searchin my friend…

Here’s some pics that I promised long ago:

The bolt going through the top of the D-bracket goes all the way to the other side of the subframe. There, it is reinforced with a washer and a 3/8" steel plate to prevent tear out. The bottom is reinforced with some washers and it mounts just to the inside of the subframe. I did have to grind some sort of welded nut (perhaps for the ABS line?) that was inside the frame to get the lower bolt in.

The numerous plates spacing the D-brackets away from the subframe were necessary to keep the appropriate angle on the endlinks (approx 90*, like stock). The stock endlinks work fine, but heim joints are in the near future and are always a better choice.

GOOD Job man, I’m very impressed with the plate setup.
PROPS and very clean car, you get no snow,ice, or salt as we do in Kentucky.

It was the pics of your setup that inspired me to do this. I just took the ball and ran with it. the only thing I could see being better than the setup I have now would be billet aluminum spacers…

You got any info on the HEIM joints? Price?

Just did mine too !! :clap:
When i picked it up.

The spacer that i made out of a piece of metal.

The difference between stock and itr bar.

Where i put the d brackets.

Me with my Hero !

mine.

:slight_smile: is that salt ?? or is it just really really dirty ??

salt. the roads are usually covered from nov. to april

Has anyone had a problem with the D-brackets tearing out or is that problem only seen on civic’s?

im going with the cheap BLOX 21mm rear sway bar off of the DC… hopefully it should mount up like the ITR one does.