Good Calipers?

I am looking into how much it would cost for parts to build up a project car, could anyone tell me how much it would cost for the BEST calipers for a 90-93 and 95-01 Integra and also a 93-95 civic? I am looking for basically the highest price, so I don’t under estimate - but don’t go all crazy with the price, like imported JDM or something custom…

nobosy’s going to be more expensive than brembro, baer makes good stuff.

Is this for show or performance? Because if you’re really after performance, I’d go with the Legend brake upgrade as discussed in the general discussion forum recently. If you’re lucky you can get the parts pretty cheap and it still gives very good performance. With the money saved over Brembos, you could add even more performance to other aspects of your car.

If it’s for show though, then go with Brembo or Baer or something…

Willwood

if you look at most of the speed world challenge cars, Honda challange cars
most of them are running stoptech brakes
1750.00 for the kit
but you have to move up to 17 inch rims

I can’t complain about my wilwoods and they fit snuggly into my 16"s.

Your looking at 800 to 1200 dollars per caliper if you want to go with spoon.

AP Racing!

If price really isn’t an issue, there is always Brembo

OEM!?

Lets define what he means by “best”.

91-96 NSX, 94-95 Legend GS Sedan, ITR. :up:

Arent spoon calipers made by Nissin?

sure are

I’m assuming he means best for stopping power and not worrying about brake fade under racing conditions.

im looking for new calipers too.

I want calipers that will fit OEM rotors and bolt right up. Are remaned oem calipers the best way to go or is there an aftermarket option that is not too much more expensive. I can get front calipers for $50 per side Cdn and Rears for $100 per side Cdn?

Yes, SPOON calipers are NISSIN made

The only difference between spoon calipers and stock calipers is the amount of cylinders in the caliper. A spoon caliper has two cylinders in stead of one like in the stock calipers. It just puts alot more force down on the brake pad.

Does it take alot work to change over to nsx calipers on a DA? I’ve been wanting to know about the swap for some time now.

don’t use NSX. use legend GS sedan. the pistons are bigger (more clamping power) and the calipers are not only easier to find, but cheaper as well.

there’s a couple good writeups on this site alone, and a number of them on honda-tech.

Four pistons, not two.

More pistons don’t equate to more clamping force. They apply pressure more evenly across the entire surface of the brake pad.