Has anyone run into problems with the hyperflex kit for the G2s?

1.   The bushing sleeve for the tie-rack did not fit my tie-rack.  The inner diameter was too small.  It cleared the threads, but didn’t clear the tapered part, where the bushing is supposed to sit.  The length was correct.  The part number on it was correct (matched the instructions, but it didn’t fit)…and my tie-rack is OEM.  I have a 1992 Integra RS.

2.   The ball joint bushings looked useless:

a. There was no lip on the ball joint bushings (like the OEM ones), which would trap dirt and leak the grease out.

b. They are too soft. Softer than the OEM one. We test fit one that goes between the tie-rod and steering knuckle and the tie-rod sank right into the bushing once the bolt was tightened, which rendered the bushing useless.

1.   The Front, inner and outer LCA bushing sleeves were the same length.  The instructions state they are to be different lengths, which should be the case).  This has resulted in the inner bushing sleeve to be shorter than it’s supposed to be. (it'll cause some squeeking).

I didn’t try installing the rears because I have ITR LCAs in the back, but everything else went in ok.

I eventually re-used my OEM ball joint bushings because they actually did what they are supposed to do.

You’ll have to excuse if I don’t have the suspension terminology right, but hopefully u guys get the point (this is really my first time working on my own suspension).

I had no problems with mine. the entire install went pretty smooth except for all the broken bolts.

I put my balljoint and tierod bushings under the stock rubber boots. This way they are still sealed and you’ve got the urethane to stiffen it up a bit.

I didn’t really have any problems like that installing mine, and overall I was thoroughly impressed with the outcome. However, there are a few bushings that I’m now replacing with OEM. Some of the ES ones just don’t last very long at all (front control arm bushing where at attaches to the crossmember for instance).

I guess ES just messed up packaging mine then… :bang:

Oh well…I’ve emailed them and hopefully they’ll be nice about it.

I thought of that, but once i put the balljoint bushing ontop of the OEM one, there wasn’t enough thread for me to but the nut back on…