Car pulls to the right after rotation & alignment....

Okay, when I bought the car, it had 2 of the same tires on the front, and 2 on the rear that were diffrent sizes & matched nothing…well, when I had my new rear tires put on, I had a 4- wheel alignment, and then rotated them the next day @ my shop, and it STILL pulls to the right a little bit. It’s not necessarily at low/high speeds, it’s just sort of a constant slight pull. any ideas??

do you have the alignment report? we need the alignment specs

any idea if there is frame damage? a friend of mine’s accord always pulled to the right, shops said the frame was damaged and they couldn’t align the car within spec.

brakes will cause a pull to one side if the rotor is warped ect. Something else to consider

Please read http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107749 (top of main page)

SiLeNcE2-38554 - like some of the others mentioned, frame or maybe even bent suspension parts can cause this. A desent alignment shop should always notifiy the owner of any problems like that.

i’ll try to find the alignment spec sheet tonight after work & post it up

My bad i read your post again. Thought it was when stoping. A bad rotor or lining can cause a pull when stoping. Warped rotor is just a trem used that everybody use and knows. Theres no other way of saying it. Your rotor my be TV. lol I worked at acouple shops and been to a few training classes ect. Its just a trem to call it because thats what you see.

When your driving than try checking your tire pressure too.
Also your brakes my be grabing. Left the car and spin the tires. See if the front tires turn at the same speed. Try the rear also.

after you got the new tires in front and got the alignment. did it pull then? if not the rotation of the other tires are either bad, worn uneven (one tire has more thread then the other), air pressure.

check your tire pressure to make its all even…HTH
after my alignment…mine did the same things…ended up that it was the tire pressure was off…stupid shop!!!

no, I work @ a shop, did the rotation myself, checked the psi, they’re all equal, the front tires are worn evenly, but the car has been in 2 wrecks before I bought it, so i’m thinking maybe something is slightly tweaked…

yeah but did it pull after the alignment?

Um, that was the whole point of the thread was to find out why it still pulls after the alignment & rotation…

I think the question that was unclear was the sequence of events.

1. bought 2 tires
  2. aligned car
  3. rotated tires

Is this correct? “What happened before you rotated the tires”? I think you said you replaced 2 tires, and those should have been on the front when the alignment was done.

dont know why you rotated the tires when you got new tires up in front while you got the alignment. if it still pull after the alignment when you didnt change anything. just go back and tell them to have a look and fix it.

Okay, sorry for the confusion…here’s the series of events…I took the car to a shop for 2 new tires & an alignment. I’m going to be replacing my whole wheel/tire setup next summer, so I just had 2 cheesmo tires put on the back, because the ones that were on there when I bought it were almost bald & the shop said the tires that had good tread on the front would be better to leave on the front for snow because I waspreparing for winter, and now there is ALOT. anyway, after the 2 rear tires were replaced & the alignment was completed, I noticed that the car still pulled to the right. not as severe, but still pulled. so I decided before it snowed, i’d rotate the tires myself to see if the pull was being caused by uneven tread wear, and w/ the new tires on front, it still pulled.

Brakes are most likly grabing on one side. Check your brake pads on both sides in the front. If one pad is more worn than the other side of car than your brakes mybe grabing.

can you post up alignment #'s? did they alignb the rear as well?