kyb agx vs. koni yellow

what would you chose and why. i am going to run them with eibach sportline springs. i had origionaly planned on using the agx’s but i got the wrong set of rear shocks and my friend told me that if i got the dc 3rd gen teg agx’s then it would sit almost 4 inches lower because the 3rd gens rear shocks are almost 2 inches shorter and the sportlines will drop me 1.8 in the rear. he advised me not to do so because i would only get about a 1.5 inch drop in the front and 4 in the rear making my rear lower than my front. but i have also heard that because the 3rd gens rear shocks are shorter it would handle the drop better because agx’s are not designed to handle more than a 1.5 inch drop. i heard it would be better for rear travel. another thing i read was that the 88-91 civic ef/ed rear shocks would fit. are the ef/ed rear shocks much shorter like the 3rd gens? everyone seems to like koni yellows. why is this? what makes them better?

please dont just tell me to search. i know this topic has been around for a long time and i have been searchig it all night and i havnt been able to find clear answer to my questions. thanks

I like my Yellows because of how easy they are to adjust.

I would take the Konis because I believe they have more experience building performance shocks, they have a specific application for DA’s (front AND rear), and I believe they’re rebuildable.

Life time warrenty on the koni’s

rebuildable, Body can be shortened, can be revalved, second adjustment for bound be can added, this is all done in house by koni

i have honestly never heard a good thing about the kyb shocks. i have heard some bad things however. i dont know how to explain that. but sleepy has KONI Yellows, and i know he loves them. i’d go with the yellows. KONI is a better name. havent u thought about tokico whites tho? look into them as well.

GO WITH THE KONI’S…I have them on mine, I love them. But then again, I like my car to ride stiff so I have coilovers with large spring rates!

i went with the agx on price really, almost half the price of koni’s.

I got the rears for a ef, im on h&r race springs, drop is great…sags in the rear a tad which really wasnt that noticable until i decided to ditch a/c and p/s…at least 100lbs in shit in the front.

I’m happy with them so far, my car is really really stiff…kinda bouncy, but with a softer spring like that you should be ok. I got a prothane bushing kit too, kinda hard to get a real review as i did all this stuff at once.

agx void warrenty after lowering past a certain point, which i forgot what it is.

the AGXs arent bad for the price just dont dump it 3"s to the ground ull be ok. i had a 2" drop on my skunk2 race springs w/ kyb agxs and the car handled beautifully. but that was on a ej lol.

ok so what would u guys say for shocks if u still want a nice ride but want it stiffer in the coners. right know i have ground controls and stock struts i have a good ride not bouncy but a little more roll than i want.thanks

quick stupid question, if you get application specific shocks like agx or yellows do they drop you any further?

I have Koni yellows on my current integra and they feel great!!! My springs are Neuspeed Race springs. The ride is a little stiff but i like it that way. KYB AGX is cheaper than Koni Yellows, However, you will get every penny out of your Koni’s and not so much with AGX’s because you can’t overhaul your struts and they are non-hight adjustable unlike Koni’s.

My friend is pretty happy with his AGX’s on his DC integra with Skunk2 springs.

I just bought me another set from Import Car Parts Plus. They are cheap. take a look at this link. it’s $547.00 shipped to US!!!
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106376&page=5&pp=20

Hope this helps…
:slight_smile: