Axle Removal Question .. Keep same LBJ?

I’m working on replacing my clutch and have a couple questions concerning the axle and lower ball joint. I was able to get my LBJs seperated by using a 2-jaw puller; with enough force they just kinda popped off and I was able to pull everything out of the lower arm (not sure if it’s actually the lower arm, but you know what part I’m talking about :p). They don’t appear to be damaged so I was planning on just keeping the same ones when I rebuild. Do I need to do anything to them when I put everything back together? Or will they just pop into place when I re-righten the crown nut on the lower arm?

I’m doing this … currently, so any advice offered urgently is much appreciated :smiley:

if the ball joint dont have any play then you dont have to replace it. when you tighten the crown nut just make sure you slip that cotter pin back in.

don’t overtorque either

What’s the best way to test the balljoint? It seems pretty sturdy in it of itself, but is there a better way to test, like once it gets reassembled into the lower arm, or anything like that?

Looks like I’ll be reassembling tomorrow… shift linkage bitchpin is going to get drilled and replaced. :gunright:

if you drill the bitch pin out you might mess up the arm on the trany and a new bitch pin will be to lose to fit. The way i get them out is with one of the bolts that hold the a/c compresor to the a/c braket and tap it out with that.