i need help with my bouncy ride

i put coil-overs on my car with stock struts (ground control coil-overs) what should i do to stiffen my ride?

well… considering you have STOCK dampers… get some koni yellows :stuck_out_tongue:

sheyp. our stock dampers/struts/shocks/longpolesthatabsorb weren’t meant for lowering springs. Get better ones.

BTW: Search “hybrid suspension guide” and “newbie pet pieves” :giggle: jk d00d.

edit: ok, I’m not kidding. Search both of those and prevent future threads like this.

are tokico illumas good? they are cheaper than koni yellows and are adjustable.

Your title, adnd post seem to be conficting. Do you want a less bouncy ride? Or do you want a stiff ride? Or a soft ride?

The reason why GC springs on stock shocks are bouncy, is because the OEM shock can’t absorb/slow down the strong rebound of GC spring, when the spring brings the car backup to ride height.
The purpose for the AGX, Koni Yellow, or Illumina, is to supply greater resistance (which is tunable) to absorb the springs’ rebound energy.

i want to get rid of my bouncy ride and go to a stiff as hell ride :manual:

Eesh…be careful going too stiff. You can actually make a car handle and drive worse, and take turns slower by going to too stiff. There is a purpose for bump travel. And the purpose of a springs/shocks is to keep the chassis at a steady position as it goes over bumps.
About 80% of the time, the path to better handling involves better tires, not a stiffer ride.

i have the illuminas with Gc’s and is was a great ride …but i do plan on getting the yellows but for the money you cant beat the illuminas …

I have Illuminas, 5 way adjustable, they are great

I’d also suggest GC top hats, they allow for more suspension travel