brakes are making weird sounds

Ok, I have a 90’ GS w/ abs and well this morning it snowed here and I dont have my winter tires on yet. I had to go to work on my bald ass tires. Well I slid into a curb going a 5mph and hit my front passenger side wheel against the curb. It wasnt very hard but appearantly it fucked something up. When I press on the brakes in the snow it makes this funny chattering sound from what I think is the passenger side wheel. My brake pedal also chatters. But yet when I’m not on snow anymore and the road is clear no matter how hard I push on my brakes it wont do it. So it will only make the wierd chattering noise when I’m in snow. What did I do?? I hope I didnt mess anything major up.

I’d start by pulling the wheel and taking a look to see if there’s anything bent.

I pulled the wheel off and nothing looks messed up. If I bent anything it was very minor because I cant see it and my car alignment is the same as its been for the past couple months, (pulls slightly to the right). What really confuses me is why would my brakes make that clicking/chattering noise (I can feel it in the brake pedal too) when I’m braking in snow but it seems fine when I’m on a road with no snow??? I accelerated to about 45mph a couple of times and hit the brakes and they felt fine, then the second I got on a side street with snow and hit the brakes they were making the wierd noise again.

Now that I think about it, this was the first time I ever drove the car in snow and I only made it about 2 blocks before I smacked the curb. (I know you guys are thinking I’m a bad driver but my tires are bald as hell!!!) Could this just be a ABS problem that I didnt discover until it snowed, since it works fine when I’m not driving on snow?? I’m confused and wont have the money for repairs for a while. What do you think could be happening??? Anybody else ever have any similiar problems with there ABS brakes?

everything sounds normal to me. here’s whats up. there are sensors on the wheels that send an electric current to your pcm (computer)in your car. it uses the voltage from each sensor to determine the speed that wheel is turning at. if it notices a signifficant difference in speed from one wheel to another while your brake pedal is depressed, the abs motor kicks in (located on the passengers side of the car, right in front of the firewall). it sends pulses through the brake system so that you can slow your car down but still remain in control. aka, your brakes dont lock up. the pulsating in the brake pedal is the extra pressure being sent through the system to apply and release the brakes multiple times a second. so the noise from your pass. side front wheel is just your abs motor churning away, and the pulsating brake pedal is just applying and releasing the brakes faster than you could ever think a bout doing it.

Are you serious?? So are ABS systems are suppose to make those sounds and you are suppose to feel the pulsating in the pedal?? That doesnt seem right to me. :hmm: I mean this is no little vibration in the pedal or something, my brakes feel flat out horrible in the snow and make loud pulsating noises and I can feel the pulsating in the brake pedal too (which is not slight by any means). It seriously feels like my brakes are fucked up, so I highly doubt thats how they were designed to feel.

I agree with 92GSR ur car is probably fine. when i was driving my moms van which has abs the same thing happens in the snow.

Well it should be pretty easy to tell if this is normal or not. Who on here experiences these same noises and pedal pulsating when braking in the snow with there G2 with ABS?? If you own a G2 w/ ABS what are the brakes like in the snow??

WEll, mine do the exact same thing but its not limited to just the front passenger side. Its quite annoying, especially since I’ve found myself turned 90 degrees coming to a low speed stop in second. Its really stupid because it does shit all when your at high speed braking but when it gets to the low speed stuff (I mean less that 10kph) all it does is turn you around. Its not like it was a 1 time deal because its happened quite a few times in the snow.

The brake pedal shuddering is the same thing that happens in my G2 with ABS. The brake pedal will move back and forth super-duper fast and the car will make this violent noise and slow down, but turn the car in the process.

I havent noticed my car wanting to turn when I hit the brakes but then again I havent driven it that much in the snow because I thought my brakes are fucked up. Seriously, why would a properly working ABS system from the factory function like that?? If I bought that car brand new and the brakes functioned like that in the snow I would of brought it right back to the dealership where I bought it and returned it. Thats bullshit and I have a hard time believing thats how Acura intended them to work. Who would ever want there brakes to make weird noises and violently shake the pedal when driving in snow??