brakes too the floor

I got a 92 teg rs and i was driving the other day and out of nowhere my brakes whent to the floor? I really dont wanna bring it to a garage if i can help it cause i’m kinda tight on cash right now. And also my brake light stays on all the time now since it happened, my rear brakes are fine but i dont wanna bleed the brakes if i actually need a master cylinder. Any suggestions would be really appreciated thanks.

when was the last time you bled your brakes? but more than likely its your MC.

look for leaks in the braking system. and check your brake fluid

Bleed 'em, if it’s still there, check your lines to make sure they’re not swollen or leaking, if they’re fine, check your brake booster below the master cylinder to make sure the MC isn’t leaking, if that’s fine, your booster might be the problem.

or you just didn’t bleed them well enough. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

When you stomp on the brake pedal, do the brakes react normally?
When you lightly press the brake pedal, does it sink to the floor?

Bleeding the brake system is easy to do. It also doesn’t take that much time to do.

yeah the brake like coming on is because its low on fluid (brake pads getting low). i say check your pads and see if there in spec. then for any signs of leaking. fill up the brake resiviour and if you are tight on cash just bleed it and see how it goes. if everything is good then your MC is going. also if you pump the brakes a couple of times while your stopping, does it get harder?

brakes

No i have’nt bled them yet and the pads are brand new on the front and also the fluid has’nt moved since the day it happened and even pumping the brake pedal there is no pressure it just drops right to the floor no matter how hard or how soft i push it. And thanks for the advice everyone i’ll post what happens in a couple days hopefully the problem will be solved.

has the master cylinder been replaced? i say thats the problem.

you cant condemn the mc. it may or may not be the problem. Gen2 might have been one of the people that opens the bleeders to push back the pistons in the calipers (just a for instance gen2) and air might have gotten in the system. and usually when the pedal just sinks with no preassure at all that means there is air in the system. even if the mc is fucked up it will still give a slight bit of pressure.

yeah… youre right thats true… :-*

line

Ya come to find out it was just a split line on the drivers side because the person who put my coilovers on did’nt mount the line right and it was rubbing against the boot of the cv shaft.