Whoops BIG problem..-> Suspension

HMM I’m really not sure what I did but I did something wrong. I’m putting my stock springs on, and I couldnt get the strut back in on the front with the stock srping, so I pulled down the upper control arm, and I pushed the whole control arm down to fit the strut. I think I seperated the outer axle?? I cant get the control arm back up to screw it in the whole rotor and everything is stuck bent down Im pretty sure its the axle that wont bend up. Anybody know what it could be other than that?? Or what should I do???

Maybe you separated the inner joint on the axle? I did that a few times, and had to remove the inner boot to line everything up again. Sometimes you can just move the axle around a bit and it will just slide back together.

Yeah I think its the outer one because the rotor won’t bend up and I have the whole the part where you adjust the camber down, and the control arm. I was thinking about pulling the axle but the hub nut won’t come loose if my life depended on it. So you think I should try to take the outer boot off? anyway thanks for replying so fast, its kinda nice to know I’m not the only who’s done that…
Nicole

I don’t know how you could have separated the outer joint(Closest to the rotor). The inner one pulls apart very easy, and it sounds like thats what you did since the axle nut is still on and its connected to the hub? Did you just remove the upper control arm, to change the shock/spring?

Good Luck :slight_smile:

Hey yeah I just dropped everything down to fit the strut with the stock spring on it, now the outer axle is just like stuck downward. So I guess tomarrow i’m gonna get a breaker bar and pull the axle, hopefully it will work otherwise I’ll just pull the boot. I miss my car soooooooo much =*(.
~nicole

Suspension problem progress

Well I got part of the axle out, just the outer. I went and got the biggest breaker bar I could find, then had to cut the boot and stick my fingers and a screwdriver inside to help the joint move, to pull it out. At least now I have the upper control arm and strut bolted in. I’m getting so much closer to having my baby back. All I need is an axle cuz that one was messed up at the inner joint also.

Was the axle ok before you started changing shocks/springs? If it was there should not be anything wrong with it now, besides the boot you just cut off… :hmm:

Peter

is the other side of the car in the air too? if it’s not, the sway bar may be keeping the side you are working on closer to the ground.

Its Fixed!!!

The axle was really cheap, and already starting to go bad so when I starting pulling the suspension down it actually seperated completely at the inner joint, and the outer joint got stuck down…ehhhhhh I did end up getting the axle out today and got a new one from pep boys thanx to school discount =) So I got to drive my baby today! Im not messing with anything for a while… what a mess huh??

Ohhhhhh yeah, I did only have the driver side up, then I tried to jack up both sides nothing really changed nothing wanted to budge until I got the outer joint out, it was bad how I did it but, I got it out…