X

Junkyard brake swapping?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junkyard brake swapping?

Hey guys, anyone know of any honda brakes from other cars that will fit our integras? i'm looking to upgrade, but don't want to spend the money on aftermarket.

Thanks

don

search for legend brake upgrade - there are a few threads on this that are active.

Comment

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107156

Comment

cheaper in the long run to just buy new brakes from a parts store calipers might be shot from sitting, rotors probably need turned, and the bolts will probably brake at the yard

Comment

what the hell are you talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by rjgerolaga
            what the hell are you talking about.
            He's referring to attempting to purchase the used brake parts from a junkyard. And that it would end up sucking cus you'd be buying used worn out junk (it is a JUNK yard, what do you expect?)

Comment

caliper junk. so you saying cant rebuild or reuse it again. then what the hell is the motor swap for. their old piece of shit. with a little love. roars like new....
              numnutz.
              most parts i put on from motor to header i bought used and put a little of love into it to perform look like new.

Comment

exactly what i meant

for the calipers what i meant by that was some yards drain all fluids out of car everthing enviromental issues and what not calipers can sit too long without brake fluid and sieze up and u wont be able to fit the pad in. u could get them rebuilt but it might be more of a hassle then its worth

The rotors might be skrewed cause they might be damaged from the yard taking the wheels of and just sitting the whole car on steel wheels right under the brakes or since the car was in in accident and generally in a accident right before impact u smash the brake to the floor so it could be damaged in someway that way ass well

so in the long run just go to the parts store and buy the rotors cause they are cheap enough and depending on price of calipers there u might wanna buy them there too

Comment

Originally posted by dmeskis
                  Hey guys, anyone know of any honda brakes from other cars that will fit our integras? i'm looking to upgrade, but don't want to spend the money on aftermarket.

Thanks

don
                  NUMNUTZ...
                  he is looking to upgrade. refer the fellow on what vehicle he can use the brakes system/caliper etc.. he can put on his vehicle...
                  look closely on the post and dont try to save face.....i dont even think you ever been in the wreckyard. not junkyard. junkyard...there is no junk in there..end of discussion.

Comment

ummm yeah and Dan didnt get his legend setup at a "Wrecking Yard" he got them new theres a difference thought i would just tell him that it would be better to buy new

Comment

you're both right relax

although i appreciate the help and the fight on my behalf, you are both right. I was just interested in what brakes would fit our integra, and I will be looking at the junkyard for them first. The junkyard is full of excellent sometimes almost new parts. It all depends on the yard and the cars there. i have gotten two or three less than a year old front axles for my 92 from yards over the years, along with other good hardly used parts, and for a fraction of the cost, even factoring the wear.

you have to be patient and look around. Sometimes cars come in that were hit in the rear end that just had new brakes and axles installed, I got a complete front brake rebuild for my 86 crx once from a car in the junkyard, the poor guy must have just put $500+ into his car and whammo! Hey his loss my gain. Anyway, just because a car is in the junkyard and the parts are used doesn't mean they are junk. What do you think your car is comprised of? USED PARTS!!! you just have to know your stuff and check the parts out before you buy them, i have never gotten a bad part from a junkyard. Except an alternator, but they exchanged it for a good one anyway. Junkyards are the ultimate in cost savings and environmental preservation when it comes to our car hobby, but they aren't for everyone.

Thanks guys

don

Comment

Working...
                      X