DC2 suspension fit on my DA??

ok my friends 2000 ls got jacked and they recovered it stripped to nothing except his suspension…hes gonna go get his suspension from the car and he said he would give it to me.but what i am wondering is …what will i need to make these parts fit…(tokico illuminas and skunk 2 coils)…if im correct all i need is dc2 front forks right?? and the back fits right on?? …if im wrong please let me know …but when i searched peeps said they only changes the front forks …so i have searched but i am just makin sure im not forgetting anything…thanks for all replies… :up:

DC/EG front forks, and DC2 Rear LCA’s. Thats it.

hey thanks alot man…i really appreciate it…

oo sorry …but i have one more question…when i change over to the DC2 suspension parts will my sway bar still fit fine…??? bc i have the progress and i dont want to sacrafice the sway bar for some skunks…just wondering if all the mounting points are still the same and stuff…thanks again

the rears should bolt right up. He doesnt NEED to swap the LCAs (although the new ones probably have better bushings). Did you think he meant ITR DC2? :think:

Your sway stuff would bolt up too. The DA and DC non-R rear LCAs are the same thing as far as my tape measure and caliper can tell.

Ben

Also, if you can, pick up the trailing arms. They have very new TA bushings as opposed to your decade+ old cracked TA bushings.

Ben

sounds good to me…thanks alot BEN…ur really helpful…appreciate it… :cool:

Im sorry, my fault, I thought we were talking ITR. My bad :slight_smile:

oo its coo man dont worry about it…but thanks for ur help…appreciate it…

Anyone have pics of the dc/eg forks? Also is there any difference in handling between the setups?

since a lot of good suspension companies seem to leave out the DA chassis on their lists of applications, this allows us DA owners to incorporate a DC2/ITR suspension on our cars.

yep…when you do the conversion, this opens up a whole new world of spring/shock/coilover upgrades.

I’m definately very happy with my suspension setup…i even got to test it out on a road course…IMO, well worth it.

PS: I’m running ITR suspension, so i have the ITR LCAs, as well.

hey i was reading up on doing this suspension set up but i read a couple people saying that yea all the dc2 parts fit and everything works but that the forks were not as wide as the DA ones and that the dc2 ones were scraping somthin…is this truse…does scrapping occur???bc im not gonna do this change over if it creates another problem…anyones help on this is very appreciated…thanks…

Will DC2 springs that drop 2" lower a DA 2" also? Any offset in drop between the two setups? Im leaning towards a neuspeed/h&r race setup and dont want any uneveness in lowering if I do the DC2 conversion.

I’m running ITR H&R Road race coilovers and they are almost at the highest threads to make my car a reasonable height…so, no…2" advertised drop on a DC does not = 2" drop on a DA with DC forks.

I’m running Tanabe Sustec pro-streets for an EG on my DA with EG front forks. stock rear control arm.

Im running Tein HA’s coilover for a DC-2R with full DC-2r suspension. I had to lower the front of the car more to match the rear.If i remeber corectly the front shocks for a DC have a longer travel so they raise up the car a bit.

There is supposed to be moe wheel gap up front for the DA to ride balanced. Lowering both th same wheel gap tilts the car slightly forward as the wheel wells on th front fenders are slightly larger

I lowered the car to where its even all around.

advans0010.JPG

advans0002.JPG

has annyone had any problems scraping after doing the dc2 conversion???if not im going to do it…just read that some peeps scraped after the conversion…