installing C-Pillar bar

i know where it goes, i’m not that retarded…:stuck_out_tongue:

ok, should i twist the bar and get it tight before i snug up the bolts in the pillar? or vise versa? and do i need to make the bar pull the pillars towards eachother or make it push away? or maybe neutral?

for me, i just made it a couple cm short and puled the pillars together. then i tightened everything down. i’ll post pics of it when i get home.

assuming it is a EMR bar, because they are the only ones I know of besides mine that are adjustable…bolt the brackets on the c-pillars, tighten the seatbelt bolts down all the way. make the bar the exact length it needs to be, slide your cleavis pins through the bracket and through the rod end, then attach your hitch pin through the clevis pin. once it is like that, loosen the jam nuts on the rod ends, and turn the bar to your desired amount and then tighten your jamnuts back down.
as for which way to turn it, makin it shorter or longer, its all preference. the point of the bar is to reduce chassis flex and hold the pillars together(although most, including me, swear they are just for looks). as long as thje bar is not just neutral, you will be fine. you can put it under compression or tension but i think it will make no difference.
when i installed mine, i put it on in the neutral position, then turned it about 12-15 times, lengthening the bar, therefore pushing the pillars away from each other.
hope this helps!
kyle

i got my bar from here - http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106770

Judging by how much this bar flexes, i doubt it will do anything either lol. i guess now it doesnt matter which way i pull/push it.

but hey it will keep people from asking me for rides though. if they are stupid enough to want to get in with that bar there, i’ll be fuckin with them the whole ride :rofl: gas, brake, gas, gas, gas, BRAKE, gas