brake upgrade question

im looking at these ~> http://www.fastbrakes.com/products/product.php?partnum=Teg11-4

now, i currently have 15" Konig Next (Bronze in color) rims, it says “This 11 inch 4 piston upgrade has been designed to fit under the factory 15 inch wheels with plenty of room to spare” so, im guessing that kincludes my set of rims?

also, that price would be just for the front set? and id have to buy the rear set separately?

thanks, imma n00b to brakes…

joe

Why don’t you call fast brakes if you want to know sales related questions? what is yur purpose for getting a big brake kit? this is the more important question

well, you are correct. i could simply just call and ask them however, i thought that someone here might have some useful information.

i will have a b18c1, i/h/e, vafc, various pullies, hydro tranny and some other small stuff but nothing else really major. i do pla to go a bit further, cams, cam gears, all N/A; don’t plan on boosting. so i am a little bit quicker than my stock LS with 135K on it, thereby allowing my thought process to be something like this “Well, lets see, I can now move a bit faster SO now I think I need to stop a bit quicker”. my mind works in mysterious ways i tell ya.

also, last time i changed the brake pads the calipers weren’t looking all that fantastic and my mechanic recommended that i get them replaced within the year.

:slight_smile:

joe

Thats cool, for street use and even some racing applications, OEM is fine as long as it is properly maintained and you upgrade to braided steel brake lines and use a softer pad material. If you want the performance, the fast brake kit comes highly recomended… thats about it.

the gentleman at the shop where my car is being worked on suggested rebuilding the calipers and perhaps sandblasting them and making them “nice, nice”. would you suggest that?

also, would you suggest the upgrade to braided steel brake lines?

Thanks Schu, appreciate the feedback man.

joe

DO NOT bead or sand blast the calipers unless you are skilled and are planning on a complete rebuild… they are much cheaper to buy directly from honda/acura factory rebuilt with a core charge. Yes, I put braided steel lines on most of my vehicles… gives a better than stock/rubber feel to the brake control/modulation.