Springs and coilover together?

Hi, I just bought tein s tech springs. The problem is that they are to low in the front. In the back they are perfect, but in the front they are way to low even to the level that my front tires when I take a turn touch the fender with stock wheels. I have a question, if I buy some cheap coilovers from ebay and replace its spring and put the tein s tech spring, will it work? will it fit? thanks for your help.

just get some good coilover sleeves. Heard many good things about skunk2 and ground control

thanks for the help. How does the coilover sleeves work? how much do they cost? thanks

The thing is that I have no money for other springs. The cheap ebay coilovers I talk about are like $30.00 dollars. Anyone can tell me if this is posible?

it should work, but remember… you get what you pay for. The Spring rates of those coilovers are probably really soft and are not made very well. I suggest you save up your money and look for good deals. You can probably get a decent set of coilover sleeves for 200-300 dollars.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107079

Look at that thread. You should get a pretty good idea of how they work by looking at the pictures.

I think he is suggesting buying the Ebay coilovers, using the sleeves and perches with his S-tech springs, and using the Ebay springs for a coffee table decoration or something.

It most likely will not work properly. The tein springs are not made to fit flat onto the perch of a coilover sleeve setup. They’re made to fit into the perch on the stock shock. So they won’t fit nice and flush on the sleeve, which may cause problems. Also, the tein’s will be too long. Even w/ the coilover perches set all the way to the bottom you may be lifting the car too much.

Are you sure your Tein’s are installed correctly? Have you corrected for camber in the front? You’re running oem wheels? What size tires are you running. Your rubbing issue sounds very suspicious. How much are the Tein’s supposed to lower the car? Isn’t it something like 1.5" or 2"?? With a small drop like that and stock wheels/tires you should have ZERO rubbing issues.

Well, the teins youd’ve drop 2" but the car was a lot lower. I don’t know why. And no, i havent fix the camber. Since the car was so low I just put back the original springs. I cut the oem springs so the car didn’t look bad. So, you think my idea of switching the springs of a cheap coilovers wont work? thanks for your help.

or should I leave the cut oem springs?

Correct, I don’t believe using the Tein’s w/ threaded sleeves will work. I believe it could be made to work if you modify the springs, but still it might not give you the desired results.

You did not answer my other questions… are you using oem wheels? what size tires are you using? With a 2" drop, stock wheels/tires, and no camber correction you WILL NOT have any tire rubbing issues. So something is definitely fishy here.

I would suggest you run the current stock springs for the meantime. But it seems to me that once you figure out why you’re rubbing and fix that problem, then you should be able to re-install the tein’s.

How much of a vertical gap was there between the front tire and the fender? How much of a verticle gap was there between the rear tire and the fender? What part of the tire was hitting the fender? and what part of the fender was it hitting?

Yes i am using stock wheels and normal tires. They are 14". The teins lower the car so much that the header was like 1" of the floor. The tire touched if I turned right or left. I think the problem is with the springs. I cut my stock springs to drop the car 2", do you think I should leave the car with the cut stock springs in the front?

In front like -.8 inch. the tires where under the fenders and back there is like .5 gap.

You got screwed somewhere… Either the springs are faulty or they just plain old aren’t the correct spring. I suggest you take them back to where you bought them, or contact Tein directly. If your tire was tucking nearly 1" then you did NOT have a 2" drop, you had more like a 4" or more.

As long as your stock springs originally put the car at stock ride height you can assume that your suspension is fine. And considering that w/ the Tein’s installed the rear was about where it should be, you can assume that you did not install the springs incorrectly (front in the back…etc…). So to me it seems pretty much certain that something is wrong w/ the front Tein’s. Either the wrong length or wrong spring rate…

Well i guess I will be taking the springs to where i bought them. Thanks for all your help. :up:

no problem. I hope you can get everything worked out. Good Luck!