any differences in Neuspeed and H&R sport springs?

I went to order my H&R springs and the guy recommended that he could get me neuspeed sports for the same price which would be slightly more expensive if I order else where. I just wanted to know if there were any drastic differences. On a side note I have KYB gr2’s that I will be installing with these springs

oh yea and I have a WingWest kit. I was thinking of getting H&R race or Tein Stech which may be too low with the kit. So many choices. Any advice

I can’t seem to edit so I have to keep adding posts…sorry

I just wanted to state that I’m looking for a 1-1.5" gap between the wheel and fender which I currently have now. In other words I want to keep the ride height the same. But since I had coilovers I just randomly dropped the car until I reached a desired height. Here’s 2 pics I took before I put her away.

I believe the Neuspeed spring rates are slightly stiffer, particularly in the rear. On the street, you might not notice much of a difference, but if I’m not happy with my coilovers in the spring, I’ll be going with the Neuspeeds over the H&R’s for the higher rear spring rate for autocross.

Did you go with the sports or race. Which do you think I should get to maintain my current ride height? I searched for pics and some of the pics are bias in the angle they were taken to make the car seem either higher or lower.

My car is lowered on H&R Race springs. There are pictures in the General Forum in a thread titled “New pics of my black '92 GSR.”

On a side note, my brother has H&R Sports on his DB1, and his car sits lower then my car. :S I dunno what that’s all about. I’m thinkin’ it may be due to the weight difference.

I didn’t buy either yet. I got some maxspeed coilovers I’m putting on in the spring with Konis and I’ll see what that’s like first. If it’s good at autocross, I’ll keep it. Otherwise I’ll likely go with the Neuspeed Sports.

I don’t see any wheel tuck on those pics, so likely you’d just want the sports as well. Hard to say though… :shrug:

yea there’s no wheel tuck, just about 1 finger gap.

thanks for the poics snizzoop

Hold on.

What’s wrong with your current setup? If you’re unhappy with the ride quality of your coil overs you can upgrade your shocks or change the spring rates. Almost every coilover sleeve kit (Maxspeed, etc) use a standard 2.5" ID spring.

Race springs are cheap and you customize and control your ride height as you need.

A 350#F 7" /250#R 8" might be a good choice on those KYB’s.

I ran this setup for a while. The rear spring is a little short so your overall ride height will be low. You can switch out to an 8" spring which would solve this.

I am currantly on Ractive coilovers and stock shock ouch which I have been riding on for the past 4 years. I have KYB Gr2 which probably won’t be any better with my ractives. So i figured I would change to H&R which the shocks can handle better.

What are the spring rates on the H&Rs? The 350/250 Archon suggested isn’t all that aggressive.

Correct, it’s not all that aggressive, but if it’s for street use, it doesn’t need to be.

According to an old post, Neuspeed Sports are 340/240 and H&R Sports are 340/186.

I was thinking the Neuspeeds were 400/300, but I’m not sure where I got that from…

The Maxspeeds are 572/472, so I’m gonna have to practice up my pothole dodging skills in the spring. :tsk:

It’s not THAT bad :roll:

You don’t understand… I’ll take some pics of St. Mary’s Rd. in the spring, along with #2 highway. haha

werd! Winnipeg is famous for our potholes lol which is also one of the reasons i’m switching my suspension.

I’m sure it’s bad out there, but California - especially the greater Los Angeles areas can be terrible as well. With our budget situation, they’ve scaled back road repair and it’s become treacherous. I just had to send two of my Volks off to repair.

I was asking because of this quote.

saying that picking up replacement springs for the coilovers might be a better idea than new H&R springs, which is what Archon suggested.

A friend from New Orleans said at one point there was a pothole on her street that an entire construction marker barrel could disappear into.

I am riding on Nuespeed Sports with GR2’s, and the ride is fair, but no comparison to that of stiffer dampers. Koni’s will be on the list. Here is a couple pics of the ride height.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

The tires are 205/50/15’s