Coils or lowering springs??

At a meet I was talking to Tony and I told him i wanted to get coil’s for my DB and he said I should get lowering springs because coils are to bouncy, but coils are cheaper and i might need to put my car alittle higher because its my only ride and until i move in june i need it to be around stock height because we got dips galore and train track’s (you could even ask Tony on that he was following me to the meet and he went over some tracks kinda fast). so what you guys recommend? coils or spend an extra $100 for springs? i want to lower my DB 2inches with stock wheels (black silver swirly stars) :uhoh:

If the coilovers you are considering are cheaper than springs, they might well be bouncy. Stiff springs need better dampers, whether they are coilovers or lowering springs.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106756

He is right. I wouldnt bother with any coilover that is not a true coilover and they start around $700 for base models from reputable companies(i.e. Tein,Tockico,Bilstein,etc…). I would just get springs and more than likely you will have a little bounce without getting stiffer shocks. I have Neuspeed Race springs with KYB shocks and i still get quite a bit of bounce.

Totally agree with killer, i first got coil overs and kyb’s then soon switched to springs (Neuspeed) and kept the shocks and got one hell of a difference. Better ride, easy corners,Springs are the only way to go. The only Bad side i getisthat when the snow drops i’ve got a snowplow for a front bumper (i am forced to put the stocks back in) :bawl: