Strut brace help (with pics)

heres my problem explained in the picture…
it just wont get low enough to be able to bolt on…
ive been told to remove my dash pots on another forum but since this a g2 specific forum id assume more of yous have had this problem…
anyway my question is would removing the dash pots affect the cars performance in any way… use more petrol etc…
thanks for the help

This is a common problem. I think the ABS also gets in the way… I don’t know what else to tell you besides try to fit just the left side on first and see if clears the ABS, if it does… wonderful… I think it’s safe to remove the dashpot. If it doesn’t fit, I don’t really know. There are G2 ABS specific bars for sale on the forums right now, like 50 bucks…

Problem could be motor mounts are deteriorated in the back and allows the engine to tilt towards the back. Had the same problem trying to put mine on but just kinda jacked up the back of the engine and then it fit. It still rubs but have not had a problem with it since installing. HTH

I think you have a Non-ABS bar.

Sorry.

I’m talking to Mr. Integra… :up:

Dashpot solenoid operates during startup to pop open the throttle plate in case it was frozen closed. If you don’t live in those conditions, you can remove the DPS.

good call maral, yeah non-abs teg right hand drive from the land down under.
there are a few threads about this i’m sure. btw nice valve cover :up:

that dashpot thing is useless to some people. i dont have the dashpot on and i have abs. i had to take off the dashpot to fit the bar, but no issue with the abs. the dashpot only works at like cruising speed like 50mph and you let off the gas peddle it eases off the throttle instead of it just snapping close. now i kind of wonder how it feels like when i had my dashpot. sometimes the jerking is annoying. search the forums, i seen info around here about that.

also btw i dont think he has abs anyways. look closely

no abs…just rhd! :up:

Lol, shit I didn’t even see the dash… god damn RHD cars.

thanks for your comments guys
well the brace came off an XSi (b16a) so i wasnt sure if it was going to fit or not
anyway i have solved the problem… and expensive way of doing it though
i decided to buy the b16a lol
should fit now :slight_smile:

Couldnt you just step on the gas a couple times??