Koni yellows bouncing?

I ride a set of kony yellows. I’m really happy with it but yesterday I tried putting them at the stiffess setting and the car handles great but the problem is the car is bouncing all the time. Not big bounce, like little fast bounce.

Its like the struts try to stabilize the wheels by sending all ‘‘bouncing’’ to the body.

I know putting them at stiff will get the ride hars (duh) but I didn’t expect bouncing like that on the highway. Is this normal?

I’ve seen that happen to people at autocross with stiff springs and their shocks on their stiffest setting. Just ease up a notch or two and you should be fine. Stiffer doesn’t ALWAYS mean better handling.

Your springs might be too soft for the shocks at the stiffest setting. You might be experiencing a phenomenon called “jacking”.

Now thats what I call an answer!

Well I ride the Tein S Tech spring and we all know these springs arent stiffer than STOCK springs. I was thinking it would be the cause but just… a small though.

I’ll try soften them a little.

What is this ‘‘jacking’’ phenomenon? I’m curious.

Jacking as I understand it occures when the spring compresses the shock over a bump but is not strong enough to counteract the shocks rebound dampening effect. Given enough time, the spring will eventually extend the shock back to the normal setting. Over a series of bumps however, the shock is compressed further and further until it bottoms out. This may by why you’re bouncing at the highest settings, but not at the lower.

To fix this, use a stronger spring or a lower rebound dampening setting.

Well I tried soften them a bit and it completely removed the problem!!! I was indeed experiencing ‘‘jacking’’.

Now the car handle GGRREAAATT. I love my car :inlove:

Thx for the great info!