Lower only in front?

What would be the effect of running sport springs and shocks on only the front? I’ve always pondered what would happen. It would look cool I think, kind of like a muscle car!

But seriously, how would a car perform like this? Would the performance even change much? Most sport springs don’t have much of a difference in spring rates from a stock setup.

i had s tech spring and it gave it somewhat this affect…then i changed the trailing are bushing w/ an ES one and it seemed to enhance that effect…i thought it looked good

I think it would look like it’s lowered in the front and not the back. :wink:

I think it would look pretty damn tacky.

I think ive heard that if the back of our car is a little lower than the front it helps to distribute the weight or something like that… I will post the thread if i find it.

obviously

I think jacking up the back of a FWD car would be kind of ghetto…

As far as performance, you might get even more understeer, with a much stiffer front than rear.

Interesting. I wonder if this would help in drag racing at all, as it puts the weight more on the front wheels?

Don’t worry I’m not doin it ha, I have a full suspension ready to go on. Like I said, just pondering.

For drag racing you want super stiff REAR springs, don’t you? to counteract weight transfer on acceleration?

It would throw off your brake balance too. The brakes were designed to work with the car level. Raking it forces the front brakes to do more work.

The H&R race springs drop you 2.25 in the front, and 2 in the rear, i guess its kinda like what you want. but stock rear wouldnt look too apealing. i mean, you cant give a import muscle characteristic, and vice versa.