Changing front rotors....

what’s involved? i have replaced some where there is a center locking nut, and some that are simply held on by the caliper (once removed the rotor comes off just like that).

How are the rotors on the G2 Integras? i am too lazy to take apart, look, put back together, got to store gettools neccessary, then pull apart again. I’d rather just know ahead of time.

So anyone replaced their rotors? how do you remove them?

TIA

calipers and a couple screws in each rotor.

if you are lucky… someone already changed your rotors in the past and left the screws out.

If not they are a cow to get out usually and require the use of an impact screwdriver.

usualyl the are hammered tight. waht you have to do is take a standard small screw driver and place it into one of the grooves in the screw and hammer it to spin in. an un-orthodox way of donig it but that’s what most ppl do if they do not have access to an impact screwdriver.

great, thanks guys!

A decent impact driver is about $20 and it’s got my ass out of some binds. I suggest just buy one instead of stripping the nuts.

haha i did that - i thought i was being original but i guess not :slight_smile:

i just drilled the tops right off the 2 screws, rotor came right off after a couple hits with a hammer

mine were a mix of impact driver ( 17.99 at canadian tire) and a drill as the impact stripped out a couple that were on REAL good. other than those little buggers, I did all 4 corners in under 3 hours, including the PITA of screwwing back the rear calipers.
easy work, have fun!

perfect for what you’re asking.

remember, that build is in Southern California, where corrosion is not nearly as much of an issue.