Good ride quality but a little bit stiffer -- possible??

im started to collect parts for a winter overhaul of my teg. my struts are pretty much shot and my springs are starting to sag. id really like to upgrade my suspension but i really dont know what to get. ive searched around quite a bit but cant really find what im looking for.

i want something that rides similar to stock. not too harsh or bouncy. and i cant have anything too low because the roads up here really suck, especially in winter.

so i think i need something with around a 1" drop and a little stiffer. ive read alot about progressive rate springs that when compressed they get “progressively” stiffer. does anyone sell something like that for our DA’s??

my mechanic who is very honda/acura inclined keeps telling me to get type r springs and struts. from what ive read they will work as long as i get the front forks from an eg/dc and the rear lca from a type r.

does anyone have any info or have a clue what im talking about. thanks in advance

justin

get the tein basic dampers. they ride like stock and are fully adjustable (ride height) my friend has them and his car rides like a dream

or you can get some TEIN ss and have good ride with the ability to adjust the stiffness… cuz iono how hard it is to come along type r suspension for you… but for me it’s damn near impossible

I recently installed a set of tein basics and I am very pleased with the results. I have them set between a 1.5 and 2 inch drop and the ride is still very smooth, small dips in the road aren’t even felt. However I can now simply carve up corners. You should be able to adjust them to a height that best fits your needs, and if you want to have a little fun some day just drop it down. And the fact that they are lifetime warranty also helps. But the tein’s arent your only option. You can piece together a nice kit of adjustable shocks and any spring or coil over that is soft enough for you and pay less than a one-piece kit.

thanks for the info everyone. anyone know the spring rates for the tein basic dampers??

H&R sports, KYB AGX

F: 448 lbs/in
R: 336 lbs/in

Stock is F:263 lbs/in and R: 143 lbs/in to give you an idea. As long as springs are properly dampened there shouldn’t be much bounciness. But If you don’t want much stiffness I wouldn’t go higher than about what the Tein Basic rates are.