Body Roll

I HAVE EIBACH COIL OVERS ,ALL LOWER TIE BARS AND UPPERS.THE CAMBER IS SET TO RIGHT ON ALL WHEELS. WHAT CAN I DO NOW TO KEEP IT FROM BODY ROLLING AROUND CONERS. IT DOES NOT DO IT MUCH BUT I KNOW IT CAN BE BETTER.I STILL WANT A NICE RIDE NOTHING THATS GOING TO MAKE BAD. ALSO HAVE 205/40/ZR17 KUMOS :manual:

I didn’t see sway bars listed - do you have those upgraded yet?

no i do not what ones should i get or use.

what shocks are you running on?

search. Suspension Techniques (ST) bars are stiff, Progress even more so.

stock auto zone replacements but i am getting ready to put stock replacement kybs

i would get some performance shocks like koni yellows or tokico illuminas. i think that would help stiffen up things quite a bit. as for the sway bar i’d go with a suspension techniques.

neither one of which has a very aggressive damper or rebound rate. hence, body roll.

if you’re willing to buy kyb stock replacement shocks, spend a few bucks more and get tokico illuminas. they’re under 400 a set on ebay.

i still want a nice fide i dont want it real stiff where u run over a dime and can telll if its heads or tails

these are tokico illuminas we’re talking about, not $3500 race-only setups.

:werd: besides, you can adjust the stiffness

ok im ordering the tokico illuminas and sway bars

shocks wont lessen body roll. Maybe the speed it gets to its final resting roll angle but definately not the total amount of body roll. to get rid of that, this guy-who-cant-spell should get either stiffer springs, stiffer sway bars, or a combination of the two. Of course he would need to first determine how much over/understeer he wants and buy parts accordingly.

Ben

Why do you want to remove body roll anyway? If you continually stiffen up your compression rate to remove body roll, with either stiffer springs or anti-roll bars, you’ll eventually arrive at a point where you remove much needed bump-travel.
Also, a better shock with a more resistant rebound rate will not decrease body roll. The purpose of the shock, is only to absorb the stored energy of the spring, as the spring rebounds back up to static ride height. The shock does not assist very much at all upon compression, but only serves to slow the rebounding of the spring.

Also, a stiff sidewalled tire, as well as a low sidewall tire, will also reduce body roll.

Well, he probably doesnt want to remove it completely. We all know he meant reduce body roll cause stock hondas roll like a candy raver.

Ben

“Candy raver.”

“What is a Candy Raver?”
A Candy Raver is a raver with such a happy and positive vibe that they feel they need to wear the vibe. The typical Candy Raver will wear tons of kids necklaces, bracelets , maybe a huge colorful baby-block chain, stickers, bright colorful clothing, furry stuff, wide pants, and a kids backpack full of toys, stickers, and candy. There is no guideline to what a Candy Raver has to wear, they wear whatever makes them feel happy.

And how does one such candy raver “body-roll?”

candy ravers, extacy, nevermind.

Ben

Uh…you’ve got me Ben.
In anycase, nice oldschool civic website. You seem to know your tech-stuff. (Although I think it’s a contradiction in terms, that with your experience, you’re working with front wheel drive. weight transfer during acceleration.. “Let’s just lift up the wheels that we’re trying to put down power with.”)