• Show
Clear All

setting rear camber/toe....

setup is:
    koni yellows
    h&r race springs
    ingalls extreme front kit
    DIY rear camber shim

my rear has been shimmed ever since i dropped the car. visually camber doesn't look bad, but the right rear looks slightly off from the left rear. i'm beginning to think it's the toe too, b/c i'm now seeing uneven wear. does anyone have a DIY way to measure off the wheel well for settings? i've read my helms as far as how to move the trailing arm. i've seen the "string box" method around the car before, but i would think the wheel well would be just as acurate. maybe not, i don't know.

...i could never seem to find a happy medium for shims either. i have 3 on one side and 4 on the other. it would look ok till the suspension settled after a while.

any ideas would be great.

thanx

Why don’t you take your car to an alignment shop with a laser rack, get it straightened out, then take some measurements as a base to set it the next time.

Comment

they can't really align the rear b/c i don't have a kit. they could probablly set the toe i guess. would still like to do it myself(save $).

thanx

Comment

youll go out and get yellows...but not an alignment

Comment

they cant align the rears. the only way to help fix the camber issue is to use the washer trick in the tips.

mine is off too. i think its just a fact of life with our tegs.

Comment

a measurement off the wheel well is going to be dependant on the exact height of the car, offset of rims, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint
              they cant align the rears. the only way to help fix the camber issue is to use the washer trick in the tips.

mine is off too. i think its just a fact of life with our tegs.

oh you're so right, because nobody makes camber kits for 90-93 integras. jesus i wish someone would come out with one already.

thelate1--just spring for a laser alignment. some things just can't be done yourself. granted, once you get the alignment you'll be able to take measurements for future reference--but you still need a SURE thing to get your base from.

Comment

rear camber is so damn awesome...why get rid of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Armed Ferret
                  oh you're so right, because nobody makes camber kits for 90-93 integras. jesus i wish someone would come out with one already.
                  you rollin your eyeballs at me airforce?

Comment

you rollin your eyeballs at me airforce?

me? :p

just making sure i get the point across that there's real camber kits out there.

all 90-01 integra rear upper control arms are replacable with the same units. that means any rear camber kit for the 94-01 integra will still work on a 90-93.

Comment

hmmm this is news to me.

All my research has led me to the conclusion that the rears have no kit.

you sure of this wacky theory??? you seen it done??? any mods required??? cost???

you sure you havent been sniffin the rocketfuel again??

Comment

Oh good lord... here is a link for you.

http://mmrusa.com/ingalls/ingallsacura.htm

I just bought a set for mine. I got part 35730 for the front and 38920 for the rear. I will post pics of the before and after when I install them next weekend. Good luck.

Comment

hmmm this is news to me.

All my research has led me to the conclusion that the rears have no kit.

you sure of this wacky theory??? you seen it done??? any mods required??? cost???

you sure you havent been sniffin the rocketfuel again??
                          apparently you haven't done enough research.

http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/38900.html

so before you start questioning someone who has a lot more knowledge than you, make sure you get your facts straight. it bolts and replaces the arm where you would put the spacers.

btw, this kit has been out for years now.
                          Attached Files

Comment

man chill. i was jokin with him and he knew it.

but thanks for the links.

Comment

man chill. i was jokin with him and he knew it.

but thanks for the links.
                              oh ok, its hard to tell joking sometimes online.

Comment

Originally posted by CRE8HVK
                                Oh good lord... here is a link for you.

http://mmrusa.com/ingalls/ingallsacura.htm

I just bought a set for mine. I got part 35730 for the front and 38920 for the rear. I will post pics of the before and after when I install them next weekend. Good luck.

how much you pay for both sides of the rear??? the site you sent me to has them for 110 ish for a pair... and the site spikey sent me to has em for $104 each.

what did you actually pay?

Comment

the omni kit is right around 100 bucks for the rear set--both wheels. it's good stuff too. billet aluminum, nice stiff bushings...

Comment

for the entire rear it was $112.96. Shipping was free when I bought them. For both front and rear it came out to $245.92.

Comment

check out this thread
                                      http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106848
                                      he is selling a set for $100, though it looks as if he may have some offers, hit him up before it's to late

Comment

FWIW, the right rear ALWAYS has more negative camber that the left. I don't know why this is but I have seen it on many DA's.

Take the car to an alignment shop. Since you don't have a camber kit back there, just have them set the toe and give you a print out of the settings. Based on those settings, you can add X amount of washers to the right rear to even out the camber. Multiple trips to the alignment shop will be a must for this method. That's why I have an unlimited lifetime contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Archon
                                          That's why I have an unlimited lifetime contract.

with whom, and how much was it?

feel free to email if you don't wanna say publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by Armed Ferret

with whom, and how much was it?

feel free to email if you don't wanna say publicly.

Hit me up too if you don't post publicly... I'd be interested in this...

Comment

I have a lifetime 4-wheel alignment with Goodyear tire centers. It cost me $170 which was $100 more than their standard 4 wheel. This works at any Goodyear Center in the country.

They'll set toe and give me a print out. I live 1 min away so I take it home, readjust camber and caster (if I have to) and take it back until the settings are where I want them. They know what I do so now they just make the camber change/adjustment for me instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Archon
                                                I have a lifetime 4-wheel alignment with Goodyear tire centers. It cost me $170 which was $100 more than their standard 4 wheel. This works at any Goodyear Center in the country.

They'll set toe and give me a print out. I live 1 min away so I take it home, readjust camber and caster (if I have to) and take it back until the settings are where I want them. They know what I do so now they just make the camber change/adjustment for me instead.
                                                all my local goodyear/ gemeni shops dont do lowered cars cuz there racks...
                                                sucks

i just goto sears
                                                6months warranty

Comment

Check out Firestone. I don't have the price, but I think they are reasonable for thier lifetime alignment...though don't quote me on that one.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X