Tein Stech or H&R race springs???

I’m looking into changing my suspension come next spring. I am currently rolling on cheap Ractive coilovers and stock shocks, which I’ve had for 2 years. I wanted a more agressive look 1.8-2.0" drop so these two springs came to mind. I already picked up KYB GR2 (good deal $180CND front and rear). I currently have my car lowered to one finger gap between the fender and tire and wanted to keep that distance.

I’ve heard bad/good things for both spring like the Stech’s lowering the car unevenly and H&R will kill your shocks. For those of you either running either setup stech/GR2 or H&R race/GR2 please let me know how you like them. Sorry I’m a noob to suspension

also if you can please post pics of DAs with either springs, please and thank you!

Well the H&R race springs are going to give you 2.25" drop in front 2" in the rear (a little lower than you plan on going) and the spring rates are going to be too stiff for the GR2’s to handle.

The S-techs will be 2" all around but have a much softer spring rate that your shocks could handle but with soft springs comes the occasional bottoming out :bang:

Maybe a 1.8" drop would be best for you, such as H&R sports wich would be suitable to pair up with your GR2’s and stiff enough to keep you from bottoming out.

Pic with H&R sports

thanks for the reply. I’ve narrowed it down to either the Stech or H&R sports.

Id say if its not a daily driver and there isnt alot of potholes on the streets you have to drive on go with the S-techs. Those are actually the springs Id wish ive gone with now that I have a daily driver and the teg is being garage kept.

Put the H&R’s on. If my maxspeed coilovers don’t work out, I’ll likely go with H&R’s, so I wanna see how it rides :wink:

I put H&R Sports on my GS about a year ago and they are wonderful! I have 'em paired with Tokico Blues and have no complaints. I would definitely go with the Sports insted of Race springs if ur DA’s a daily driver… :up:

here check my thread out may help you out a litlle with your choice. i have decide on the h&r sports, but that is this week! good luck !

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105858

I forgot to mention I have 16" wheel with 205/45/16 tires and a wings west kit. I was able to pick up a set of brand new Stechs for $160CND. I’ll see how they feel, might have to pick up a set of H&R sport springs

so h&r race are beter than tein

i liked H&R springs. i had the race version on my civic si(ep) and my da, but now i changed to coilovers. gc/koni. now wanting full coilovers. lol