1993 integra too low in back

I had a shop lower my integra with arospeed 2" springs all the way around but the back is now way too low and my new exhaust is about an inch and a half off the ground and I have bottomed out a couple times already. Can I put my stock springs back on the back end and keep the 2 arospeeds on the front without it doing anything to the ride? Also why the hell is my car so much lower in the back?

somebody else can anwser better but i have areospeed springs and can tell you my setup. i have adjustable springs and at first i had the rear adjusted 1/2 way. it was slammed on my car. i have raised the rear all the way up and it looks great and is ok on the ride. my front i have adjusted to the bottom and it looks good but is too bouncy. i replaced my struts at the same time. i plan to raise the front some when i can afford an alignment.

how much did you pay to get the springs on?

I paid like 100 bucks for them to be put on but their not adjustables. My front looks good but the back is scary low. Do you think that maybe the springs were put on the wrong way. I noticed before i had them put on that 2 of the springs had gaps inbetween them and 2 were plain looking like my stocks. Do you think maybe the 2 with gaps were supposed to be put on front and the 2 stiffer regular looking springs should have been put on back? I have to figure this out quick in fear I may come across a speed bump or snow.

i would think you are right and the back ones are on the front but i am not sure. find out quick so you can take it back to the shop to be done right.

sorry i thought yours were adjustable.

Someone around here know.

make sure they are for 90-93 and not 94+.

I can’t speak for your exact springs but many people have that problem with cheap coilovers on their tegs. Most are made probably for 94+ but sell them for 90-93 cause technically they fit. For myself I had to turn the rings on the sleeves all the way to the top in the back. To the VERY top, where the top ring has half its threds not touching. Matrix coilovers.

Most shops won’t give a crap about your problem saying that’s the way it’s supposed to be. If you had installed them yourself they would have thrown back at you that maybe you put them on backwards, and that they’ve installed many of these coils on other G2’s with no problem…total BS.

Hopefully someone can respond about your specific coils, maybe you should list the part number.

I bought them a while ago and dont have the part and there not coils there just lowering springs. The problem is my new exhaust is scraping when i hit anything uneven

lower in the back

i have the same problem too but except i did it myself. it seems to be lower in the back and the front is still high. i don’t know why. i asked around an people were giving me different answers… oh yeah im running on h & r racing .
i know that i put it on the right way because the front springs are suppose to be stiffer then the back because of the engine weight up front.

As you can see, many others have this problem, and not with just your type of springs.

I know mine were different being coilovers, but the idea is the same.

Just in case, if you ever get coilovers, make sure that the rear aluminum sleeves are longer than the fronts. The coils themselves will be about the same length but higher spring rate up front. I believe skunk2 does it right.

This problem persists due to bad customer service at most part shops, meaning once they’ve sold you the stuff they don’t care, so mis-representing a product is not a big deal to them. We really need to have good documentation of this problem for our tegs ie. sitting too low in back with new coils/coilovers

weird my brother has a 240sx on sportlines/gr2s and when we put them on his car it seemed the back was a little lower then we realized we should take his box out the back and then it was even but now every time there is anything in the back that is close to heavy like a box its lower it sucks

but anywayz, do you have crap in your hatch?

I have nothing in my trunk. I also havent had anyone in the back yet either and i know if i have someone in the back and i hit a bump the exhaust will scrape. I think im going to leave my springs on the front end and just put the stock springs back on the rear. It shouldnt look bad because the front will be only slighty lower than the back. What do you think?

well hmm how much is the front lower than stock springs?

UH with the car lowered the back looks like an inch lower just judging by how much tire I can see. Would it look stupid with stocks on the back/?

same problem… I hate the way it looks and all I have in the back is a 15" spare…

I’d like to gain some info…

subscribed

yes it looks like this pic , so… if you put your stock springs on the back would it look stupid? I dont think it would because generally the back is lower than the front anways so if you kept the front dropped the back may be slightly higher than the front which may look cool. If it wasnt for my exhaust scrape I wouldnt give 2 shits but I just bought the thing and dont want to put any holes in it.
What do you think about the spring switch?

:ghetto: i have heard of cutting stock springs. but i dont want to do that to mine.

nah no cutting for me

My Neuspeed Sportlines sit perfect, they take into account how the rear end of our tegs have the fender closer to the tire than the fronts. So the Sports are 1.8 drop up front and 1.5 drop in the back, makes it sit perfect. Any lower, and I would scrape, any higher and I could go 4x4’ing. Oh, and they were only $136 new at a local online shop. Now if I could afford Koni’s, I would be set.

hold up you have nuespeed springs or eibach sportline springs? what color are they ??

this question has been asked many times on this board.
the rear appears to be lower in many of the cases but you must remember as someone previously mentioned; the front wheel wells are gut slightly higher in the front than at the rear.

also companies have researched and the cars overall balance requires for the drop be a certain height based on spring rate and the amount of drop front to rear

the car would probably handle funky if you had the front dropped more(to a certain) extent than the rear

coilovers. you can lift or lower as you see fit. much more convinient than drop springs. they are worth it.