Trailing arm bushing INSERTS!!

Does anyone think these would be worth it in a set of trailing arm bushings that are all cracked & torn?? scroll down to see them here: http://www.foreignautosalvage.com/bushings.htm

I’ve read that installing whole new bushings is a tremendous pain, so would these be able to hold everything together well enough?? has anyone tried them out??

Looks like it would be just about as much work to install these anyways…

inserts suck. they bind under pressure. do some searches, on TA bushings or something this has been covered over and over and over and over.

I did a ton a searches on 'em, about how poly bushings aren’t too desirable due to the binding you’re talking about, and oem or mugen ones are the way to go, but I didn’t really find anything concerning inserts as opposed to full replacments. Also, how would they be just as much work? You just slide them into place, rather than having to remove your whole TA assembly & use a torch & press & wire wheel & everything that you would w/ the replacments?

bump

Well, the price for these inserts is 58 bux, and the retailer can’t tell me what company makes them…looks like I might be investing in a set of $30.00 black ES bushings instead…

Just get OEM and be done with it. Wouldn’t that suck if you put ES inserts in, and realized the hard way why everybody’s hating on them? I just installed OEM ones, and they’re stiffer than I thought they would be. I couldn’t imagine having polyurethane ones…

Or you could go the easier route.

DC rear trailing arms bolt right in to our cars with zero issues. they even give you a little bit extra positive camber (so if you’re at stock height, might wanna skip this, but if you’re lowered it’s even better to do).

and to top it all off, mugen makes a nice stiff rubber bushing (far stiffer than stock, but not as stiff/binding as the urethane inserts) for DC rear arms. sure, you can put 'em in DA arms, but you have grinding and other crap to worry about. with the DC arms, it’s just press out, press in, put 'em back on and bam.

I’ll be picking up a pair of DC arms this weekend. Hope to maybe get some stuff at least started on Sunday with the integra. Got a whole slew of brake and other upgrades planned.

damn. i want some DC arms now. nice going. :slight_smile:

got the DC arms. got the 11" front 2-piston brakes mocked up, and i’m going to need to use something other than an ITR rotor. more on that as it’s available (i’ll eventually do one full write-up ;))

would accord wagon rotors work? i believe they use the same calipers as ITR.

are they 4-lug or 5-lug? the 5-lug rotors (itr) that i redrilled to a 4x100 are makin me a bit nervous. i’ll be going with the fastbrakes rotors just for simplicity’s sake.

what about 96 ITR rotors? they are 4x114.3 or some shit.

Ben

i didn’t know u.s. parts stores carried parts for jdm cars. :wink:

buy them from a mad cool importer y0.

Ben

i have yet to find one offering to import solely the rotors. more profit margin for them if they buy the whole conversion and sell that.

92-96 prelude vtec rotors? they are the same pattern as the 96 ITR. I dunno about the size though.

Ben

yup.

now find me a parts store not asking more than fastbrakes who has them in stock. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol ben…this is fun. :smiley: