rear struts

my rear struts are very worn and i need to get new ones. havent started looking yet, but anyone want to help get me started, good quality and decently priced brands. thnx

-Matt

“search” under ‘5 lug conversion’ everything you wanted and more.

I don’t know what kind of Integra you drive, but please enlighten me on how you fitted STRUTS into the rear of your car. Ahem, we have SHOCKS on our car, front and rear.

well the struts came from my aftermarket sport suspension. btw, please only post if you have something helpful/intelligent to say. thnx

-Matt

Our cars have a double-wishbone suspension, which use SHOCKS. STRUTS are part of a MacPherson STRUT suspenion. They’re both completely different suspensions.

Still though… :search:

wasnt it dampers? anyways… as for a helpful post, what do u want to acheive with your suspension? is it lowered? do u want to lower it in the future? do u want to restore the comfortable ride?

ALL those questions have already been answered before. Please search.

there are struts that are not MacPherson, however, in general struts refers to units which are both a damper and help locate the knuckle.

i was just browsing my maintenence records and i found the slip from when he had the struts put in, so yes, my car does have struts in the suspension and yes, i still need to find some so can anyone else help me out here?

-Matt

have you even bothered to use the search for yourself? or do you want everyone on here to do the work for you?

Warning! Terminology war in progress! Take cover immediately…

If you check page 18-18 in the Helm’s manual, you will see the ‘Damper Assembly’ unit. It makes reference to a ‘Damper Spring’ and a mysterious looking ‘Damper Unit’ that looks like a shock or what you are probably refering to as a ‘strut’. And yes, I have my receipt for my KYB GR-2 ‘Struts’ in my folder also. If you do a google search on Koni Yellows for 92 Integras, you will see them refered to as: shocks, struts, dampers, and shocks/struts (to be safe and not offend anyone). Let’s all take a deep breath and move on.

Maybe we should start a poll and determine once and for all what the ‘approved and accepted’ teminology should be on G2IC for these things: dampers or shocks or struts? :bow:

Yes, the terms get thrown around a lot (ie, a front upper strut bar on a DWishbone car). None the less, Black_92_GS-R stop being a pussy and search. The same goes for your other threads that you’ve started and haven’t searched. :loser:

have yo seen the guys working in places like Monroe/Midas? I barely trust them to put stuff on my car, I wouldn’t trust them to know what to call it.

no need for personal attacks so just chill out. im new here and i guess i didnt realize how helping people with their problems is such a bother to so many people. i apologize, but sarcastically. as far as im concerned, a strut is longer and thinner than a shock absorber. also, they are certainly struts because i have checked and found a second opinion that they are macpherson struts. what happened was the guy i bought the car from had the fronts done but didnt get to the rears. this now makes it my job to find new struts and install them. again, nothing helpful, plz dont post.

-Matt

if you don’t mind, post pics. I would be very interested in seeing how and why someone converted the suspension to Mac struts.

our cars do not have mac struts stock. they have a damper (shock absorber, whatever) with a spring concentrically mounted. this assembly does not help locate the rear knuckle. a mac strut will look somewhat similar, but will have a spring that has more widely spaced coils, and be 6 or 7 inches in diameter. what did you mean by the “longer and thinner” comment?

don’t mind the “go search!” people. just giving you a hard time and being an ass while they’re at it. but you should generally take at least a quick look through some similar threads to see if you can get any info on your problem. or at least increase your knowledge of the general workings so that you may be able to troubleshoot it yourself. they usually get ticked off when they see an really common question that’s been asked millions of times resulting in a nice collection of threads that would probably give you the information you need.

i know, usually a search gives you a lot of threads that are close, but doesn’t really answer your question specifically. which is why we are here to help each other out. :up:

Just buy GR-2’s if your not lowering it.

Much less energy than a rant on searching.

Chunk

THIS thread is useless. everything and i do mean EVERYTHING he will ever want to know about the suspension of a da/db can be found by using the search function. why have 50 new threads of 50 new different people asking the same old question that has been asked, answered and archived on here. we are here to help but concidering the original poster has given next to nothing about what he/she wants out of said new suspension. it really gives noone any choice but to let them search away and make thier own decision. dont worry everyone was a noob on here at one time. so do some research and then MAYBE post something someone will care about. :read: