Will 17's higher my car?

I got pulled over and need to get it signed off. If I get 17’s will it bring it up an inch or 2? I’m on neuspeed race springs and i have civic si rims right now. let me know please.

it might raise you about 1 cm or something. The total size of your wheel and tire will not change much because of the smaller aspect of the tire.

i think it will raise you more than that wont it? Cause w/you 14’s and big tires, it may be the same diameter, but when you put the 14’s on, the tires squish a little. So it should be more than 1cm. and please say raise man… :ghetto:

just keep the si’s :up:

i will but im going to borrow some 17’s i dunno if it will raise me for the ticket…how about some 15’s with bigger side walls…will it raise it at all?

Maybe about a 1/4 inch … visually it seems to raise the car more.

So the cop gave you a ticket for being too low?

It doesnt seem like a 2 inch drop would be illegal.

how much do you need to go up? remember, to go up an inch, you need tires that are 2 inches taller, since half the extra height is on top of the wheel. Dunno how well the car will drive if you get much larger tires.

you could always try wedging stuff between the coils of the springs to raise it temporarily.

just talked to a friend… he said he had donuts on his civic hatch and then he put si’s and he got it cleared…it raised it a lot… damn…this is a hard situation…you actually can stick stuff in? are you sure?

just try to get it signed off
where u in ca?
if sj area i can help get it signed

someone please explain to me what signing off is?

fixit ticket
you just need a cop to sign it as FIXed
then pay like 10 bucks for it

im in stockton. I know I can get it signed off, but they might bust out with the tape measure…what if they measure it again?

man, i dont know how much the cop wll like it if you get 17’s instead considering s/he gave u a ticket for being too low?!

Worst case scenario “sorry, cant sign it off” and you go to another until someone says who cares and signs it

i can get it signed off even without ur car here lol…

he was driving normally on donuts? :wtf: they are a lot smaller in diameter than the stock tires, so it would go up a bunch if that happened.

I bought my old car from a friend after he backed it into a tree - the impact had shoved the fuel fill hose forward so that it rubbed on the tire, so we jacked it up and stuck pieces of wood between the coils of the spring to keep the spring from compressing. The ride will be very hard, and I wouldn’t recommend driving for long that way, but if they don’t care about things like that it will work.

auto seat belt removel

Dose any body know a good way to remove the sholder belt thing in the door frame any help would be good

did you mean to start a new thread with that?