replacing tie rods w/o alignment

question?? :think: …i believe i was watching something and they made a suggestion of putting tape where the old tie rod ended before you take it off and when your replacing it you know how far to screw it in…so basically it will be back to specs of what it was…in maybe my case putting it back to specs and then driving around no more than a week till i get the rest of my bushings then get alignment…any suggestions…or do you think ill be fine for that week till i finish the bushing install??

youll be fine if u get it back to specs… unless your toe specs are off the scales like crazy

you should be fine if you even get it close, for only a week. The tie rod end has a jamb nut though, doesn’t it? will be hard to mark precisely.

count how many turns it takes to screw the old tie rod end off, then screw the new one back on the same number of turns

having ONLY toe checked/adj at a shop is much less than a full alignment, ~$20. good luck,

Brandon

you can still drive w/o allignment done.
but it will affect your tire wear.

If you mark where the old tie rod end was, you can get close, you’ll still need to do a toe alignment to get it back within specs.