Just purchased braking system seeking advice.

2x Front Brembo Blanks = $58
2x Rear Brembo Blanks = $44
2x Front PBR Ultimates = $38
2x Rear PBR Ultimates = $34
Shipping = $34.19 UPS Ground (48lbs)
TOTAL = $208.19 SHIPPED

Did I make a wise choice in my new brake setup?
Did I get a good price on these parts?

TIA for all the help :rockon:

You should also add some stainless braided lines while you’re at it.

DOH! How hard are those to put in? My dad is going to show me and install the Rotors + Pads not sure if he knows how to put in the lines.

be ready to replace those brembos on a regular basis. other than that, not bad i guess. :shrug:

Why would I have to replace them on a regular basis? And why the confused face on the price… :think:

Yeah why is that Mark?

yea i never heard of people having a problem with the brembo blanks …the slotted and etc …thats another story …

Yeah i wanna know why…my girl ran those on her 3rd gen teg for awhile and she never had problems with them… :think:

they require turning more often if you’re using anything other than ceramic/organic pads. when i replace my brakes (again, 3rd time in 12 months) this winter i’ll take pictures of what happens to brembo blanks when you work them anywhere near too hard.

it deals with the fact that brembo uses softer metals to help get better bite from your pads; in trade you lose longevity of the rotor and they have to be turned down sooner.

there’s a lot of stuff on honda-tech about it; like i said i’ll show photos of my POS brembo’s when i redo my brakes.

rotoras or even the wagner lifetime warranty replacements at any parts store will serve you much better for anything other than a track car you replace shit on regularly.

really i never heard of that …my friend is running them on his itr and he see’s alot of AutoX and road race sessions and he had i think hawk race pads …im not positive but i know they are race pads …he hasnt had a problem but i ask when he goes to change his pads …i think he get his brembo blanks from autozone becuase they autozone blanks are really brembo blanks that they buy and box as their own …

Search on here if you’ve never heard that.

This is a brake brake system?

This is a brake brake system?

I mean’t → Did I make a wise choice for my new brake setup?

all except for the rotors. unless you’re building a track whore that will have regular parts replacement schedules, in which case you’re fine.

if longevity is what you’re looking for, sell those brembos on ebay and go to your local autozone or oreilly’s and get a set of Wagner lifetime warranty OE rotors. they’re not even half the price and will last far longer (do the brembo’s have a lifetime warranty through anyone other than the grossly overpriced, i.e. 100 bucks per rotor, authorized dealers? not that i’ve ever seen).

i picked up a pair of OEM ITR rotors for my 11.1" upgrade for 50 bucks. lifetime warranty. they warp, i take 'em in, they turn 'em free. they can’t turn 'em, they replace 'em free. i’d like to see you do that with brembo blanks.

is there a difference in braking with the wagers from the brembo’s …i think ill look into the wagners …

Wise in which way? AF is right about longevity and brembo’s. they are fine rotors, but do not last for very long, and only offer the slightest in weight savings. There is nothing wrong with your new set up, but expect shorter maintence intervals combined with much faster wear

Armed Ferret → Everything on the car is currently stock. My current Rotors are so beat up that past 46MPH my car’s steering wheel (and or whole front end depending on speed) shakes. I decided to get the Brembo’s + PBR Pads because I heard they provide decent stopping power. Is this true?
What other setup would be better? I don’t mind replacing them but how SOON will they start to warp?