Integra Master Cylinder.. GRRRR

Hey y’all.

After I replaced my brake pads a while ago, I decided not to bleed the brakes although I could feel air pressure in my brake lines. I drove it around like that for a few months, and guess what? My master cylinder blew out :jerkoff:

Guess I learned my lesson… Now the main thing is, I want to get a new master cylinder, so I was wondering if you guys know where to get one for a good deal, or have an unit you could sell me (that’d be useful!) A rebuilt one would work too.

Are there any performance MCs out there? (just wondering)

I also am looking for a shop or independent person who can bleed the brakes for me, and probably install the MC for me too. If any of you guys live in DC or MD or VA area and can help out, I’d be willing to pay for the assistance. I’ll be helping too.

I live in DC, but I dont have the tools to install the parts by myself. So, come on g2icERs, help a brotha out! :slight_smile:

A lot of people on here swear by OEM parts, but if you don’t really care, you can go to Auto Zone and get one for about $40 if I remember right.

:flame:

I think you just need a 10mm wrench and a 10mm socket. It is so simple.

A hose and bottle of brake fluid helps too =P

actually, you need a 10mm FLARE NUT WRENCH. if you use a regular box-end wrench you run the risk of rounding off the flare nuts.

that’s bad.

roger that! spend the 3$ on a flare-nut wrench. or youll have a MUCH bigger problem!

craftsman flare nut wrench set

best 30 bucks you’ll invest in your tool box when it comes to brakes and steering. :up:

I just replaced my Master cylinder, IT cost me 41 at autozone. I did it myself and it was pretty easy. The hardest part is bench bleeding the master Cylinder itself