Skunk 2 Strut Bar

Does the skunk 2 strut bars fit our car with ABS? Are they any good?

i am not sure but be careful before you spend money. i got some cheap ones and 3/4 fit. the upper front didnt and it was becuase of thee dashpot. i called and they said do you have ABS becuase thats why. I dont have ABS and they just said i need to bend it and use washers. (WTF) so anyway my friend got one for his 90 (I have a 90 also) and it came more twards the headlights. i knew that is what i needed. i got one and it works.

my info might be off some but get good stuff (like skunk 2) and make sure you dont waste your money (check for a return policy if you are not totaly sure it will fit)

good luck …

bump for an old ass thread. Anyone have a skunk 2 front upper bar on their abs teg?
:gunright:

if his came more towards the headlights, swap your mounts from side to side on the car… The shock tower mount that was on the drivers side, move it to the passengers… Passengers move it to the drivers… Bolt yuor bar back up and tell me if thats better.

if your after performance get somthing other than skunk 2… theyre pretty lookin, but theyre very flexible!i know this because i have 2 dc bars, so i do speak from experience.

skunk bar seems pretty solid, looks identical to the spoon. I need somethin, and I cant find a spoon bar or greddy bar anywhere, so maybe a skunk would do the trick if it fits…

If you can’t find it and need to clear ABS, also look for a bar by Vision. Rumor has it they are the same as a Spoon, according to posts here on the board.

it won’t clear ABS.

I wish I knew what bar I have…it’s some cheapo I bought off of Ebay and it cleared my ABS with nothing more than removing the connector bracket. It clears my dashpot fine, too (well, it does now that my rear engine mount isn’t broken).

I don’t have ABS so I can’t say “first hand”. But I could swear some guys on here said the the Spoon/Vision bar could fit with a little modification.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108329&highlight=spoon+strut+bar+ABS

member tegbuilder has a vision bar and it seems to work just fine on his ABS-equipped car. but then, what do i know? i only sat there and watched him install it. :roll:

wraith is correct (again :p). it works just fine, as long as you install it properly. you have to remove the passenger-side mounting bracket from the bar, attach it to the strut tower, then attach it to the bar.

thanks for the input so far guys

Ferret- How was the hood clearance like the link above discussed. I have a viss aa cf hood, and i dont wanna damage it…

get the nuespeed bar

:wtf: :bang: :loser:

ABS + Neuspeed = “NO SOUP FOR YOU!”

I know it is a long thread but TRY to read it all before you interject.

from what i understand his hood clearance was fine.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/member.php?u=269

there’s his profile, best bet is to shoot him an email. :up:

i got a z-speed bar from my old ef fit perfect on my abs teg

Strut bars

Skunk2 does not make one for the da’s with or without abs. They do have one for a ef hatch/crx but it does not list it for the da. I have a cusco type st on mine and that bar is also for non abs. THe cusco is the same for the ef and da. so the skunk one might fit.

cusco makes a da bar that fits with abs, but they like greddy no longer produce the bar. So i am just tryin to find the best bang for my buck. I have used ebay bars before and they suck

I got a moroso, it was tight but it fit and its solid. Minor hood clearance issue (1/8") but I just shortened the mounts. Theres one on ebay here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7984742444&category=33591&sspagename=WDVW or i might be able to take pics. Not sure they still make em.

a solid bar is what im looking for. Solid find though for an OG bar that looks badass :slight_smile:

I know I will get flamed by Armed asshole for posting here but honestly…if you want something that is going to actually do anything for you…find something OTHER than aluminum or that CF look-a-like shit.
heres some metal characteristics for you. if you take mild steel and 6061(aircraft grade aluminum), and both pieces have the exact same dimensions…6061 has about half of the strength of DOM steel, and has about 1/3 the stiffness.

when looking at a strut bar, 99% of the loads exerted on these pieces are lateral…meaning the bar goes into compression and under tension constantly. look at the material strengths above and tell me what you think! :wink:
i dont care who makes it, if it is aluminum, it is going to flex…thats why i have always been a supporter of nuespeeds bars…i know they wont fit but still…by far the best bars I have seen on the market!
GOOD LUCK!
kyle