Driver side rear brake sticking

So this is pretty bad. My driverside rear brake is sticking and getting realy really hot. As in it gets so hot its burning something and smells like a clutch burning(which i assume is metal on metal somewhere). But i need help. I went underneath the car and nothing seems out of place. Both sides(passenger and drive) look the same. ALSO WHERE THE HECK is the resevoir for the brake fluid???

I have a '93 LS

Thanks for any information/ideas.

The fluid resevoir is under the hood on the drivers side fire wall.
I’m willing to bet that the guide pins on your rear caliper are rusted. Take them apart remove the rust with a wire brush or wire wheel. You can remove the rust from inside the caliper housing by using a gun cleaning kit.

The wire brush that comes in the kits are perfect to insert into the caliper.
Use some high temp grease when you reinstall.

I had the same problem a while back. It’s been years with no problems.

I have a set of rear calipers if you need them.

Jeff.collins@volvo.com

tomorow at 8am(after practice) i go under the car…wish me luck

good luck.

So the home repair didn’t work. Ordered a new caliper and rotor(its really messed up sinse i’ve been driving with the brake “on”). It’ll go in as soon as it gets here. Thanks for your help.

The local Acura dealer that I go to has said that it is VERY common on a DA with ~100k miles or so for the rear calipers to freeze up. If you don’t replace both rear calipers you run the risk of this happening again on the other side too. This happened to mine on both sides about 2 years ago. Before then I had never seen pads that had been “cooked”/melted. I wish I had a pic.