Does anyone make a complete upper arm balljoint camber kit for our cars?

I had planned on getting the SPC camber kit, which uses adjustable upper balljoints for the front. I definitly want the camber to be adjusted at the balljoint, and not at the upper arm bushings. But now I want to replace the upper arms as well (I think one’s bent). Is there a decent company out there that makes complete upper arms like Omnipower and Skunk2 does for the DC chassis?

If I really have to, I’ll buy new OEM upper arms, and replace the balljoints with the SPC ones.

Omni was rumored to be making one.

Vision is the only one I’ve ever seen. No positive camber correction on the DA though.

I’ll have to email omni and see what’s up.

EDIT: It’s been quite a while. I guess they’re too cool to answer my email.

omni’s no longer making them at least thats what i heard. Will the SPC ball joints fit an RS? i was lookin at those but their listed as LS GS and GSR? is the control arm different or something?

There is no difference in any DA upper control arm.

You might have some issues with the SPC Adj. Ball Joint, I have them installed on the teg and it hits everytime I hit a dip in the road(if im going fast enough) :frowning: and Im lowered on H&R race springs.

hmm interesting maybe ingalls then?

well heres my problem i got bad upper balljoint on one side and its throwin off my camber. Im gonna be getting coilovers to lower bout 1.6 anyway so i figured why not just buy a freakin camber kit so thats why i liked the idea of a camber adjustable ball joint. Kinda killed 2 birds with one stone. Now you say this SPC ball joint rubs alot. I’ve read for the last hour on here that it rubs frame alot but no one specifies if its from teh ball joint kit or from the inner bolt style kit so how much rubbing are we talking? are we talking a random rub once in a blue moon if u bottom out? or are we talking like a constant slaming into fenders anoying damaging kinda rub?

I would think that you’d have to be pretty low to bump the adjustment bolt to the frame.

Im only lowered 2.5" and it doesnt bump it slams/hits :uhoh:, the alignment shop installed 2 kits to correct the camber, 1 adj. ball joint kit and 1 anchor bolt kit, both made from SPC. The anchor bolts were set to the max setting and I was still 1.25 - 2 deg. off (why 2nd kit was installed) , if your were to see the clearance from the top of the adj. ball joint bolt to the upper fender well you’ll see I only have about more or less 1.5" clearance. I should take some pics of the indents it left from all the times it’s hit …lol

http://217.160.249.230/forums/showthread.php?t=77971&highlight=adjustable+uca

Being you only want a 1.6 drop I’m sure the adj. ball joint will suit your camber needs :wink:

omnipowerusa abandoned the project. there’s someone who took apart skunk2 arms and welded the balljoint area onto some DA upper control arms. says it’s been holding up great. :shrug:

yea omni sold out like some late 90’s punk bands… i was pissed. i had money chillin, waiting for the kit to come out, all summer. i have the spc adj ball joints. its a pretty nice setup but i want something that looks more professional and doesnt tap the inner fenders. so whose badass wants to weld up a few sets with the skunk2 mod and sell me one?

so wait huh? u can modify the omnis to work with the spc ball joints?

you’re not reading carefully. go back and do so.

OH gotcha

Omni’s frontin’ on us. Does anyone know if it would be possible to make some clearance for the SPC balljoints by cutting and welding in some more room for the kit? I’m dropped on H&R sports, which isn’t too agressive, but I want to be prepared for when I get into autocross. I plan on getting coilovers that will drop the car a bit more, and make the car stiffer. H&R sports are waaaay too soft for autocross.

I don’t like the idea of modifying Skunk2 upper arms. I hear their balljoints like to slip.

you could probably coax in some more room with a BFH and a little oomph. :shrug:

we need to modify some vision a arms. they are designed primarily for negative camber gain, but i think there is a chance that we can modify them. someone with vision arms needs to post them, with some pics. the people with vision arms have had them hit the fenderwells too. anyone willing to go to the extent of modifying control arms will also probably be willing to hammer in the right place or remove material from the fenderwell area for clearance. any ideas g2ic?

We’ll usually if the alignmentshop is a good shop and the staff know what their doing, they would know that maxing out adjustment on a kit is bad news if your lowered that much, because they should be able to that our inner fender has little to no room for adjustment when lowered that low. usually, if they were adjusting i would adjust to the point where the arm still had free movement to move up and down, not just a 1 inch or barely a little more, i mean you can’t do much or think your gonna get much improvement when your lowered low, it’s still gonna hit the upper fender when you hit a big enough bump, but it’s less likely to happen if you look and adjust it properly i would think

I had at least -3.1 when i lowered my car and it’s pretty low, i adjusted witha camber kit and was able to get i back to -1.9, i could adjust the kit more but the arms would barely have any room to move up in case the car hits a bump, so i had to do the best i could with camber and suspension travel, which would be agreeable

Yes i still hit somtimes but BARELY, i usually never hit at all (knock on wood), and i’ve hit bumps going pretty fast and haven’t hit, and not just normal bumps i mean mean potholes and imperfections in the road

Also having a weak shock or springs would also cause the upper arm to hit the top of the inner fender very easily, since the shocks or springs are soft, from what i’ve experienced

SOL1D: Interesting…so you have your camber still at -1.9? I seriously want to replace my 2 SPC camber kits with some Ingalls and use just 1 kit in front.

I posted a thread about AIM Industries Upper Control Arm a couple of days ago, havent had much response to it. So far those are the only adjustable control arms I’ve found for our tegs that can adjust 4 degrees (-1 to +3), heres the link:

http://217.160.249.230/forums/showthread.php?t=104760

I’ve heard Zspeed makes a upper control arm, but yet to find any info on them :shrug: