A/C delete

Hi, I have a 92 teg and since my a/c doesn’t work and i never really needed it last summer i was thinking about taking it out, just wondering what parts i need to take out and how i can keep my heat working? Thanks.

you can basically remove everything that deals with the ac before you attempt to remove anything make sure to depressurize the ac system i found the easiest way is to loosen the one of the fittings near the grommet which the ac lines run through. the ac lines are removed the ac condenser the compressor is optional some people remove this some,some just cut or take the belt off of it so its not connected to the crank pulley but this is up to you. there is another piece i cant remember the name right know but it is located on the right side as if you were looking at the engine it has a little site glass on top its where the power steering fluid reservoir and coolant overflow tank is this is all for the outside. Now for the inside there is the evaporator which is located up underneath the passenger side dash its not to hard to spot. There is 2 things that have to be changed when you remove the ac which are where the evaporator used to be there will be a huge gap in the duct work this requires basically a new piece of duct the original part is the ac delete duct without this you will not be able to have heat. This duct has been out of production for a long time sometimes you can find someone on here who is selling one but they are pretty rare the dealership no longer carry’s them. The other piece is the firewall grommet where the ac lines used to connect to the evaporator this is not a big deal but some people just want it blocked off Im not sure if this is still available so you will prolly have to look for one on here or another source Im sorry i don’t know part numbers now there’s always to make a makeshift duct and firewall plug you could gut your evaporator and plug up where the ac lines came in through the plastic and it would essentially act as a duct to allow you to have heat just an idea i thought off and for the firewall plug just plug those holes with some grommets but that’s up to you there are a good amount of threads on this subject hope this helps.

If your A/C isn’t working simply because the freon leaked out, I would suggest that you consider not ripping it out. You may regret it when a really hot summer comes along. It may cost a lot less than you think to get a leak fixed and to have a competent A/C shop convert it to r-134a and get the whole system up and running again.

My A/C system was dead due to no freon and I yanked out the compressor when I replaced my radiator some years ago because the compressor was in the way. I sort of regret that decision now.