X

Belt Squeak

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belt Squeak

So one of my belts is squeaking but in not sure which one. When I'm idling I can hear a very little squeak, then when I just rev it, the squeak goes away. But sometimes when im drivin I'll hear the squeak like after I shift into second doing low RPM's it will squeak for like 2 seconds and shut up. I tried tightening the belts and nothin, I tried belt conditioner and itsw still doin it. Then I tried belt dressing and its still doin it. The belts dont look very old. So IDK if it's one of the pulleys or belts.

If you have AC, then you have 3 belts: AC (flat, ribbed belt), power steering (v-belt), and alternator (flat, ribbed). One thing you could do is just remove them one at a time and see when the squeak goes away--assuming the squeak is belt-related. (Just don't drive very far without the alternator belt on).

Comment

Ok, The ac unit was removed. I was thinkin about takin off the power steering belt off and drivin and c if it goes away. But it only squeaks like every other time I drive it.

Comment

Working...
      X