axle3 replacement help!!!! urgent!

i cannot seem to pry the inner joint from the intermediate shaft! I am sticking the bigest flat-head screwdriver i have in there and pulling as hard as i can, but its not doing anything!!! what is wrong?

when we changed my axles . the intermediate shaft was the worst it took about an hour a pry bar and a bfh . then me and hybrid took turns hitting it then prying it . it will come off just takes a while .

Yeah its the worst part of changing the axle. that and getting the other one back in. What i do is pry with the big pry bar no matter which way u angle it. To make it easier I always put wheel bearing grease on my axle ends so I don’t fight them each time. Now i just pry and they come out.

managed to get a slide-hammer to take it off… best decision evar.

I clean all the splines with a wire brush and coat everything w/ anti-seize. I guess axle grease should work as well.

G2White, you need a pry bar next time. A big flathead just won’t do.

And I second this!

[QUOTE=mrpenny;2076487]G2White, you need a pry bar next time. A big flathead just won’t do.

And I second this![/QUOTE]

i actually tried a variety of pry bars… none of them worked. part of the problem is, the tool specified in my manual is non-existant… i don’t know how much easier it would be using their 3.5mm wide tiped “screwdriver” thingy, but from now on, I’m using the slide-hammer. it was beast.

Be careful with a slide hammer as it puts stress on the actual joints themselves. Pry bars do not put stress on the actual joint so you can pretty much pry as hard as you’d like.