b17a1 swap problem

ok so heres the deal i completed my b17a1 swap into my gs pluged everything in and i am running a p61 but its seem sluggish until 5000 rpm compared to when i run my gs ecu pr4 which acclerates good think i have a bad p61 any help would be greatly appreciated also im not getting any check engine light

Nothing jumps out to me as being the obvious problem… It wouldn’t hurt if you gave some more details about your setup. Any modifications, rebuilding, assembly, dis-assembly, problems during the swap, tuning…etc. The more detailed the better.

thanks colin no major mods to they motor aem cold air intake dc 4-2-1 headers didnt rebuild it replaced gaskets water pump b16 ys1 lsd trans. did compression check and it was pretty good 175 cyl 1 180 or 185 on the rest i cant rremember its just weird that it would run good on the pr4 and not on the p61

Could be a bad ECU man…When I did my swap, I messed up the spark plug firing sequence. Never threw a code or anything…VTEC even worked. Check all your wires over again.

It wouldn’t be wires if it runs fun on one ecu but different on the other. If you can’t think of any other culprits I’d try to find another vtec ecu to test.

anyone got suggestions

i was wondering if the timing was off just a couple teeth would it make a diffence between the p61 and the pr4 ecu

I would think it would feel sluggish or boggy with both ecu’s, but there’s always a chance it would feel different. Incorrect mechanical timing could definitely cause the power loss you’re feeling.

Fixed

whats up colin an vi massive i just wanted to let u kno that i appreiate your help i fixed the problem it was the timing i finnialy got a timing light and it was way off adjusted it today and she pullin hard thanks again for you input

Mine is like that too. Here is my dyno chart:
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197057