cooling system help

…I first noticed this problem last week. my car was leaking which I’m sure was the water pump. It was leaking around the crank pully. it would drip while running, then it would leave a lil puddle when the motor was off (only after running). I would add water and it would be okay… now the car isnt leaking but today I noticed the top hose was hot, and the bottom hose was cool. I gutted the thermostate just to be safe. I plan on taking it to my mechanic, just wondering if anyone might have any ideas what it could be.
thanks, Jay

sounds like a water pump to me, just because it leaks dosnt mean that is siezed up but it is probly due for replacement. the hose being the temps you felt are normal. collant enters the radiator threw the top hose and goes back to the engine after being cooled threw the bottom one.

the bottom hose maybe felt luke warm though, really didnt have any heat to it at all.
The waterpump was replaced like 2 years ago. maybe 5,000 miles put on the motor. maybe a bad pump or bad mechanic.
I should’ve known I would have problems with this car after I found gear oil in the tranny.