X

transmission gears grinding

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission gears grinding

so i have a 92 gs and it just started grinding 2nd 3rd and 4th, 2nd isnt to bad 3rd is worse and 4th i try to skip... ive been playing with it if i drop the rpms its somewhat ok and from 5th to forth is fine so is 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd any ideas on what might be causing this?

Try double clutching into 2nd 3rd and 4th to see if it helps. If it does then it's your synchros going bad. You can try a synchromesh transmission fluid, there are several brands but I hear GM works well. That will help band-aid your problem until you can get around to replacing or repairing your transmission.

<-- It is your friend, use it.

Comment

If it JUST started happening on all 3 gears, maybe you are losing transmission fluid. Sounds like you should change that fluid anyway, but check for cracks in the case.

Comment

thanks guys yeah its probably about that time to put new stacks in it

Comment

hmmm... check your motor/tranny mounts. your syncros might be off. they got some trans. oil that helps fix the syncros, i forget what its called though.

Comment

so double clutching helps it out alot...thinking its the syncros any good sights for rebuild kits?

Comment

i had a similar problem like that. 1st through 3rd were hard to get into gear. so i changed the fluid to valvoline syncromesh cuz i couldn't find the ac delco syncromesh. the notice was night and day.

Comment

Working...
              X