Restore Oil Additive

Has anyone tried the oil additive, Restore? It comes in the silver can, its suppose to restore compression and stop oil burning. My 91 teg burns some oil and I figured maybe Restore will help.

It works for a while then loses its effectiveness. You’ll need to use it every oil change. If its an old motor you are just trying to get more life out of then it can help. I used it on my first car that lasted 5 years. Looking back I’m kinda surprised I got so much life out of that pos. I’m certain this stuff helped.

It helps bring compression back up, but like therealkroysc said, it needs to be added every oil change, and really is a temporary solution.

As long as the oil is passing by your rings, then it will help. Some don’t like it, some do. Oil additives are one of many subjects few people will agree on, and what most people will tell you is completely hearsay. From experience I can say it works to an extent and I personally didn’t notice any negative effects from using it. So my view is that it does what it says, and nothing more.

yea that stuff is pretty good. if your burning oil id also recommend using cd-2 heavy duty oil stop leak.

You should just install that 1Bc5, this engine should help a little.
Even more so on a little more HP.
Or, drive the hell up into the mountains and blow that old engine up with a strong Turbo set up.
Than install your 1Bc5, and that should fix your leaks, and restore engine compression.

[QUOTE=prior8t2000;2073723]You should just install that 1Bc5, this engine should help a little.
Even more so on a little more HP.
Or, drive the hell up into the mountains and blow that old engine up with a strong Turbo set up.
Than install your 1Bc5, and that should fix your leaks, and restore engine compression.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

dropped on his head at birth

Lmfao. Thanks guys, I will be tryin restore in my next oil change.

This is an update, I added restore to my oil at the last change(roughly 500 miles ago) and I have not had to add ANY oil. I am impressed. Before I would have to add roughly 1/2 quart of oil within 500 miles. Restore seems like a good product. I would highly reccomend Restore oil additive. :ohyeah:

thicken the oil would be much better than going 10w 30 and using restore as it will just get thinned. It will work though for what it says, but for reducing smoke and or leaks i prefer using bardal no smoke + stop leak with 10w 40 weight oil. see the differences when checking ur oil dipstick plus probably some performances back not that u will feel anything.

Dont forget the Lucas oil! I swear by any Lucas oil product I have ever used. At the end of my last motors life I was running 1/3 10w 30, 1/3 Bardahl, and 1/3 Lucas Oil exclusively.

The thing about these oil additives (or at least the bardal) is that they cause the rings to swell up and buy you some time. But from my experience after a year or so that no longer works, the rings shrink back down and the problem returns with a vengeance. (In my case on cold mornings i could drive around the block and hit my own smoke trail!)

Im not sure about restore but if its anything like bardahl…i would really keep my eyes out over the next year or so for a sweet deal on a replacement motor.

I have heard good things about Lucas oil additive. But I haven’t personally tried it. Ill maybe have to try that. I run 5w-30 in my teg.

anything that is made thicken addictive will do. its just that with say lucas it uses synth oil etc.

If u have a really high mileage motor and probably has already done timing belt water pump replacement not long ago i would recommend 10w 40 with addictives. 5w 30 and 10w 30 still gets very very thin if u notice after a long drive or hard drive. check ur oil and u will notice the thin of oil.

restore on the other hand is probably made different, but notice how its also not so thick, but i also dont know if the product when gets heated it gets thicken. I have try many alike and found that restore and no smoke helps reduce smell emissions, and smoke when u smash on the gas pedal it reduce it alot.

as for swelling in gaskets anything that is rubbery o rings etc will swell overtime so using addictive shouldnt hurt as u may need to prepare for a new motor anyway.

im gonna try some myself since im due for a newer motor swap. mine has a good vtec oil pump but knocks a little at cold start and oil pressure is lower than it should be, and compression is good but it smokes/burns oil bad so why not haha as long as the smoking slows down

I tried the lucas oil treatment and I sell it all the time a work. #1 additive i sell
I would say if the lucas oil treatment doesnt improve your car
you need a new motor no additive will help.
The Restore additive havent heard to much probably the same idea