car almost chokes and dies?

hey
so every now and then when i start my car, stick it in 1st then apply gas, as i get up to 3k rpm give or so ( usually 3-5 seconds in first gear) the gas suddenly doesnt work or something and the rpms drop and the car starts to chug and feels like it will stall unless i put the clutch in and save it.

this have been going on for awhile, usually haves 1-2 times out 5.

anybody got any ideas? something to do with fuel delivery i assume

thanks!

Low fuel pressure, bad filter, or clogged injector(s)? Have you checked your fuel pressure recently? :hmm:

hmm thanks
no, i dont no how to do that, is it a diy thing or do i need special tools?
maybe i should take it to a shop?

Actually, it’s very easy. If you are broke you might want to check your injectors first, that’s easier, sometimes real messy but it’s free. Search test fuel pressure and you will find all sorts of info. If you want you can install a gauge yourself so you can check your pressure at any time, Colin wrote up a short diy in a random thread about it… here… http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196682.

If you feel uncomfortable doing these things then you might want to find a local g2 owner to help you out, or like you said just bite the bullet and take it to a shop. Properly informed and guided DIY is the best way to learn about these things though, and makes it easier to diagnose and repair problems yourself in the future… :angel:

thanks a lot!