Clutch Problems (Searched)

After installing my new-used tranny, the clutch pedal goes all the way down to the floor and will not retract. I had a shop swap out the internals from my old cracked tranny case into the new case. My buddy says the shop most likely forgot to transfer the throw out bearing from my old tranny to the new case because the release arm has no resistance. I tried adjusting the cable several times with no luck. Any suggestions?

sounds painful
they didn’t install it correctly if the arm has no resistance
the resistance comes from a spring

if there is no resistance from the clutch pedal, then they didnt install the throwout bearing.
That “resistance” comes from the “pressure” plate, the throw out bearing pushes against the pressure plate which causes the “resistance”

Have you tried driving your car?
i.e. go from 1st to 2nd gear, or even just at idle try shfiting it. If the gears dont want to go in, then you are missing the throw out bearing.

-Karlo

or the spring is broken

what spring?
are you refering to the one inside the cabin?
or the pressure plate,
if the shop is stupid enough to NOT notice that the pressure plate was broken, then FAIL…

Have you tried driving your car?
i.e. go from 1st to 2nd gear, or even just at idle try shfiting it. If the gears dont want to go in, then you are missing the throw out bearing.

Definitely does not and will not go into gear. Know where I can get a new throw out bearing?

they should sell it at autozone, kragen, etc.
shouldnt cost too much, what sucks is that you have to pull the tranny out. =/

-karlo

the spring on the throwout bearing and release arm. if thats broken you will not have any tension what so ever.

also that spring is only available at the dealer. trust me i bought the last 2 in stock to avoid a problem like that. no longer have that problem tho HYDRO FTW!! haha

also double check your clutch cable, just in case.

Alright gang, I took the tranny off and there was no throw out bearing. The spring, fork, etc are all fine. I bought a new throw out bearing but I’m having trouble putting it on. I’m a noob at this so please bare with me. I’m guessing the two ends of the spring hook up to the throw out bearing?

That should help.
I highly recommend purchasing a manual, even the crappy Haynes one from Autozone will cover stuff like this.

Try googling something like “93 Integra Manual pdf” or something along those lines. I guarantee its out there somewhere…

Picture is courtesy of www.acuraautomotiveparts.org
They sell OEM parts cheaper than my local dealer, I highly recommend them.

i would have still changed that spring while i was in there

Installed a new spring and throw out bearing. The tranny is back on but now my temperature gauge does not work. Will need to further diagnose this problem as well as the CEL 17 I’m getting. Any tips?