oil pressure question

i start the car no oil light it gets warm a few mins me not moving it and bam the ligh turns on and wont turn off… has old oil that I will change and I bought a new pressure switch but how do I kno if its not the pump without a gauge… I started it took the oil cap off and saw it squirting oil in the head but does that mean compression is good or can it still be bad?

Oil in the head doesn’t necessarily mean your pump is good, or that it is bad, simply that it works for the time being.

I would say that your pump is probably dying, but you should definitely change your oil before you continue, and change the filter too. Make sure to remove your cap before you take out your plug and filter, and let the old oil drip out for a good spell.

I personally don’t know of any way to check oil pressure without a gauge, so maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Yeah well I am broke and no one I know has the gauge… I bought a new switch, oil filter, oil, and will be swaping it tommorow hopefully the light goes away…

i have that same issue but mine jsut started acting this way suddenly. i have a low mileage b16 oil pump on it (less than 50k) and good oil in it sadly i think if its not MY switch its my bearings in the bottom end

Well fuck me… I changed the filter, oil, and while I had the filter off I tried to have a whack at the switch but could not remove it how did you get yours off?

i personally havent changed the switch yet. i wont be able to for a few weeks

well after i changed the oil the light came on and was flashing, before i changed the oil the light was on steady (wasnt on prior ever to this) and now I just drove the shit out of the car and no light… same pressure switch :umno:

hmmm, TO ME anyways, sounds like faulty electrical somewhere, whether it be a bad switch (though yes its new), the wiring, or pigtail to the switch, etc.

my plans are going to be to wire in an electrical gauge to a new switch along with the the light (to keep the light off) that way i know for sure what my pressure is.

ok so after changing the oil and moving around the rubber grommet connected to the oil pressure switch that problem went away but now… I have an even bigger problem. i replaced the battery for an optima yellowtop and thought cool my car is fine… had to tow it home last night @ 3am…!

I need to know what the “FUSE NUMBERS” do… not the amperage rating on the actual fuse but like the #'s each fuse connects in the in dash holder I need to know what they do… the fans are hard wired to ignition spliced into fuse # 24 but last night when my car wouldnt start I didnt have a spare fuse to try it… this morning I took the fans off that fuse and connected them to another power source. replaced fuse # 24 (15 amp rating) and bam MFR goes click car started for a split second then stalled did that once more and I just quit until I can find a diagram of what the fuses do… PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

You need to find a PDF of the Helms manual for our cars. There is a section on fuses that details exactly what every fuse controls, and the wiring that runs off from them as well. Much more useful than the stickers on the fuse box covers, neither of mine are intact anymore or I would take a picture for you. Google Acura Integra DA9 DB1 DB2 Service Manual and you will find it, look for a torrent. This is something that every DA and DB owner should have.